12 Back Darth Vader white background.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
stormcab said:
Hahaha, oh my gosh I only just noticed my 12 back Vader is a white background. It never occurred to me this was a thing. Since I took this photo I have had it graded and it got an 80, and it does say "white background" on the AFA sticker. Good to know my Vader is one of the rare ones.

That is what you call a nice find. That is one of the other ones he is going on about in his advert.

It's not worth $18k, but I'm suspecting if you got it not knowing what it was then you probably didn't pay anywhere near its true value.

A nice bit of news for you I bet. :)

stormcab

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
stormcab said:
Hahaha, oh my gosh I only just noticed my 12 back Vader is a white background. It never occurred to me this was a thing. Since I took this photo I have had it graded and it got an 80, and it does say "white background" on the AFA sticker. Good to know my Vader is one of the rare ones.

That is what you call a nice find. That is one of the other ones he is going on about in his advert.

It's not worth $18k, but I'm suspecting if you got it not knowing what it was then you probably didn't pay anywhere near its true value.

A nice bit of news for you I bet. :)

I bought it in the mid/late 90s at a toy fair, like all my collection up until recently getting back into it. I'd buy anything I could afford that was in good shape. Back then, all I knew was Yaks & VCJs were ultra rare, and 12 backs were a good set to go for. I can't remember what I paid, but it would have been around £120-200.

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
For Vader, I know the three variants are the white background and then two yellow/orange backgrounds with very slightly different stickers. There is this one with the 'ST' in a circle, and the one that is shown above without any 'ST' reference.

I don't know if one is more difficult to find than the other.

SW_Takara_12b.JPG

And just to clarify, the white background is not exactly common, but nor is it 'rare' - with or without the Takara sticker. Its definitely a harder to get variant, but not what I'd consider rare.

Cheers
Pat

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
So here's my 12 back Vader with Takara sticker. Thought I might as well post it up. :)

image.jpg1_zpscgws1s0q.jpg

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ipad won't let me attach pictures but mines in my auld foreign MOC's thread.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7901

stormcab

Sith Lord
weasel said:

Stone me that was a hell of a set of foreign cards!

stormcab

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Still got the Ledy's, Glasslite's and Takara's. That's about all I have left now.

Good way to go. That's how I'm going. A small but quality collection.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
stormcab said:
weasel said:
Still got the Ledy's, Glasslite's and Takara's. That's about all I have left now.

Good way to go. That's how I'm going. A small but quality collection.

Great set you have their weasel, the 3PO Takara 12 back is probably in my top 3 all time MOC's.

Your right stormcab, quality is the future. 8)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
weasel said:

how have I not seen this thread before. A stunning run, weasel. Understated but very special. I would love to own any of the Ledis but the rebel commander on that back is a particular favourite.

Am I right in thinking the takara tusken is hens teeth rare?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Am I right in thinking the takara tusken is hens teeth rare?[/quote]

Think your right their, I have only ever seen 2 including this one. :shock:

stormcab

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
weasel said:

how have I not seen this thread before. A stunning run, weasel. Understated but very special. I would love to own any of the Ledis but the rebel commander on that back is a particular favourite.

Am I right in thinking the takara tusken is hens teeth rare?

There was a 70 grade one recently on eBay. It didn't sell a couple of times over. Think starting price was about £400, but no one bid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom