Boba Fett 21 back - £32 and 4 hours to go...?

Princess Raya

Padawan
Hi all,

Just spotted the following on evilbay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171690913684?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am assuming from the price alone, with only 4 hours to go, it must be dodgy. Can anybody tell me how you would tell?

Looking carefully at the pictures, I think the bubble might have been resealed?

Still only learning here, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

JFK

Jedi Master
Yep fake ,boba is not but the rest repo :( collectors know and something like a 21 back boba fett would never ever go under the radar for loose change !! If it was genuine then this would more likely be about £1400 plus ,you can not fool the collectors of this stuff ,it's a pity only new collectors fall for it ,me personely would watch the bidding and if it goes high proper high with buyers with serious feedback ,none of this low under 50 feedback bidders they could be shilling the bids to make you think something is right ,no I mean the 1000 plus feedback bidders ,there usually the ones who know what's what ! That's just my own personal opinion ,but I reckon the fett is repo rubbish but that too is just my opinion :D

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
JFK said:
Yep fake ,boba is not but the rest repo :( collectors know and something like a 21 back boba fett would never ever go under the radar for loose change !! If it was genuine then this would more likely be about £1400 plus ,you can not fool the collectors of this stuff ,it's a pity only new collectors fall for it ,me personely would watch the bidding and if it goes high proper high with buyers with serious feedback ,none of this low under 50 feedback bidders they could be shilling the bids to make you think something is right ,no I mean the 1000 plus feedback bidders ,there usually the ones who know what's what ! That's just my own personal opinion ,but I reckon the fett is repo rubbish but that too is just my opinion :D

Thats true but you cant tar all the people with less than 50 feedback with the same brush. We all had to start somewhere :wink:

JFK

Jedi Master
Sorry ,what I realy meant is the bidders who have verry low feedback but there account has been active for years and years !! There the ones I watch out for ,sorry to upset anyone ,was not my intention sorry :(

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
Yep, clearly a fake. So many giveaways - colours are wrong, font is wrong, card is too wide, bubble wrong, etc. Once you know what to look for these giveaways are obvious. Plus the price, I'm thinking shill bidding here, hopefully no-one has just paid £128 for a bad repro 21 back Fett.

JFK

Jedi Master
Or even worse 2 accounts one with a higher feedback pushing the price up ,but the real give away would be there bid percentage with this seller ie the last 2 bidders on this item even though there was I believe 3 bids between them ,the percentage of bids with the seller was 100% and 66% wich tells us there has been a lot if bidding between theese accounts !I could be badly wrong on this but the percentage bid rate does not lie or add up with the amount of bids on this item !I'm also guessing a member on here read my my original message about watching if a high feedback bidder bids it's a good sighn ? Used this info to push up the price ,who knows if the orinal posting was just a ploy to get us members to look at there listing ? Once again I may be wrong ,the truth is if there was a genuine 21b fett on ebay it would have been raised in the forum way way before today :D it made me look at the listing !

sith-smith

Grand Master
I do hope no one got stung on this piece.

All the Fett info flying around it's possible someone got over excited and bid. But good shill possibility here

Princess Raya

Padawan
Thanks all, I figured as much. But until I get my grubby mitts on a real one, I'll have nothing to compare against!

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. Good advice.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Hopefully not a case of someone with more money than sense!

Though there do seem to be a lot of those around.

Except when I'm selling stuff!! :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I am no moc expert, so it could have tricked me :oops: Maybe if I had it in my hands I could have seen it was repro.

Is it the bubble that tell you it is repro ? I hav tried to compare it with other pictures from the internet of moc and to me the bubble looks different :?

monkeyboy

Padawan
The seller is a coniving bastard putting stuff like 'wear and tear' and 'small dent in bubble' to give an air of age to it to the unawares, probably did it himself. Awful repro card.

sith-smith

Grand Master
and it only takes a few people who are easily fooled (which are not that difficult to find) and the bidding raises the price! :twisted:

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Just looks like crap, bubble looks wrong, footer looks wrong card looks wrong, the punch is too central.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom