Droid factory R2D2

RetroRyan

Padawan
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying an r2d2 from the Droid factory playset from a local antique shop but I'm unsure on how much I should be paying, it's in good condition, decent chrome, not yellowed. It's sadly missing the middle leg and sticker. Comes with left and right leg, body, done and head fixing peg.

They have it priced at £60, but I'm not sure if that's good or not, the only examples for sale I can find are 75-80 but that's with centre leg and a sticker, all be it very rough.

Thanks in advance.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi Ryan,

If it's missing its middle leg and the sticker, £60 sounds rather expensive to me. I'd have thought somewhere nearer £40-45 max, personally.

Good luck!

Jeremy

RetroRyan

Padawan
Thanks Jeremy,

I will go see if I can haggle with him for about 35-40 but that's quite a big drop. I doubt he paid anywhere near that for it though.

I'll let you know how I get on this week.

Ryan.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I would expect to pay what Jeremy said for one in that condition, why not save up for a complete one.
I've seen really nice ones for around the £90 mark.
Good luck.

RetroRyan

Padawan
Yeah, I guess I could, I quite enjoy finding stuff randomly and saving it , I like the rough and ready stuff :lol:

I will see what deal I can do, if he won't do anything good, I'll probably just invest in a really nice one like you said.

RetroRyan

Padawan
UPDATE.

So i popped in this morning on the way to work and had a bit of a barter with the guy, cutting a long story short, managed to get him down to £25 so i picked up the little chap.

Not actually in that bad condition, missing middle leg and sticker aside.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
RetroRyan said:
UPDATE.

So i popped in this morning on the way to work and had a bit of a barter with the guy, cutting a long story short, managed to get him down to £25 so i picked up the little chap.

Not actually in that bad condition, missing middle leg and sticker aside.
Congratulations, you should be able to pick up a middle leg, but suspect that a sticker will be very rare.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom