1977 Set Photographs - Black and White

bbrl007

Hello Everyone,
Back in the 70's my grandfather was working for the Star Wars New Hope set photographer in London. He was not working on the set but was doing some renovation to the photographers house. There was a large pile of Black and White photographs from the film set on a table, my grandfather was granted permission to take a few as they were apparently being destroyed. I have these photographs. They are mostly what looks like photographs taken during scene filming, or maybe they are photographs taken from the recorded movie, after filming, or during filming, i am not sure. There is a stamp on the back of a couple of the photos that says S.B International copyright. They are in very good condition considering they are over 40 years old.

There are 18 in total, they are 400.5mm x 300.5mm, in black and white.

I have looked online but I have not seen these photographs anywhere, not originals anyway.

Just looking for some opinions on valuation.

thanks

Mark..

bbrl007

Thank you for the information. The pictures I have look like they are from the Star Wars glory book. However they are loose and not in an actual book, the scenes are the same.
After further research the S.B International copyright stamped on the back of the pictures standards for Stanley Bielecki, At the end of the 1960s, the lab SB International, specialized in film still photography and processed onset photos from major Hollywood films of the 70s and 80s, among them Alien, Star Wars and Superman.

So I believe that my grandfather did some work for Stanley Bielecki and was given these pictures that Stanley was putting together for the Glory Book, so in theory I have the original Glory book photos! before the book was created!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom