Found orginal draft engineering drawing in pencil of r2 d2

Danmatchamevo

Can i get this verified some where and is this worth money and what sort of figure as auctioneer i spoke to was to eager to get hold of it and id like some more info before i sell it if its worth alot any help will be welcome

Attachments

• 1541688671645-1281716858.jpg
    1541688671645-1281716858.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,580

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Interesting item, thanks for sharing.
Can you tell us where this was found and whats the provenance of the drawing?

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
What an exciting and interesting piece, hope you can get some info on it and good luck with the sale 8)

itfciain

Grand Master
Someone like Micheal Ritter would be a good person to talk to - I'll direct him to this thread

Danmatchamevo

As i am a carboot junky it was at a boot sale in borehamwood dagger lane as a decrative pic for my boy left in the spare room then my dad see it and said wow that looks like real so now im here to see who knows where to get it checked out

Richard_H

Grand Master
From a well renowned collector:

Studio drawings I've seen are on official formats and have title blocks at the lower right. Need a complete photo and better resolution. Can't tell if it's zoomed in and clipped those.

It looks more crude than I've seen for this type of thing. It's like a glorified sketch. Not impossible but doesn't strike me as studio. Then again, the in-house work done at Elstree could potentially have created such a drawing. Hard to tell the age of the paper but that helps some also.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
That looks like a cool find. Can you take a good clear photo straight on directly from above getting it all in? As with anything like this provenance is everything. It might look legit but it doesn't mean its a preproduction/studio/Lucasfilm item. Are there any other notes, marks or writing anywhere on it that can't be seen in this photo? Ideally you need to find out who drew it, when and for what purpose. A tall order after 40 years :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom