Palitoy 65c Emperor's Royal Guard MOC

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Both Tracker and past ebay sales aren't giving me much help on the current value of this chap. Not a great deal of them about maybe? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Decided to focus on Kenner MOCs, so will be putting him up for sale.

DSCF9075.jpg

DSCF9076.jpg

DSCF9077.jpg

DSCF9078.jpg

DSCF9081.jpg

DSCF9083.jpg

Cheers
Chris

tigerham

Sith Lord
I got one a while back for £160. The bubble was mint as was the figure but the card had slight creasing to the top in two places and a tiny bit of broken ink to the side..

Yours has a little lifting on the bottom of the bubble it seems plus some kind of ink lift markings on the bottom of card near bubble. So at a guess maybe around £180-£200?!

On second sight it looks to me as thought the bottom of the bubble has shrunk in somehow causing the tear on the card leaving no tear where the bubble is not attached.

Nice piece btw. :)

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Thanks, tigerham. It looks to me as though when the bubble was attached the bubble shifted upward slightly during the heat/gluing process. The bubble however is firmly attached and not lifting at all.

Chris

tigerham

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
Thanks, tigerham. It looks to me as though when the bubble was attached the bubble shifted upward slightly during the heat/gluing process. The bubble however is firmly attached and not lifting at all.

Chris

No worries. Like I mentioned, I only have my own to go by.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
This litho loss at the bottom is quite common in Palitoy cards, it seems to flake off some.
Other than that, nice cards, no real idea if costs, possibly around the £200?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Whist I wouldn't call them rare they come up relatively infrequently and are very, very popular.

I paid, what I considered, a market busting £150 for an absolutely mint one with a really nice (yep, they do exist) price sticker on it about 9 or 10 months ago.

Given the litho damage (yes, almost certainly cause by bubble shift during sealing) I'd say Carl is in the right ballpark, but you just never on an auction on Jabba's or ebay. If I was going to sell at a fixed price I'd ask £150 and see what happened. Would like to see one of these in open auction. The only other Palitoy ERG option is the Trilogo and that's very silly money.

tigerham

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Whist I wouldn't call them rare they come up relatively infrequently and are very, very popular.

I paid, what I considered, a market busting £150 for an absolutely mint one with a really nice (yep, they do exist) price sticker on it about 9 or 10 months ago.

Given the litho damage (yes, almost certainly cause by bubble shift during sealing) I'd say Carl is in the right ballpark, but you just never on an auction on Jabba's or ebay. If I was going to sell at a fixed price I'd ask £150 and see what happened. Would like to see one of these in open auction. The only other Palitoy ERG option is the Trilogo and that's very silly money.

Yes, maybe an open auction might be a good bet but it always depends on right timing as I've seen in the past where a MOC can go, for example, £200 and then a few weeks later it can go to £250 - £300. It all depends on demand and catching people at the time they most want it.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
tigerham said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Yes, maybe an open auction might be a good bet but it always depends on right timing as I've seen in the past where a MOC can go, for example, £200 and then a few weeks later it can go to £250 - £300. It all depends on demand and catching people at the time they most want it.

Very true. And when you've figured that out let me know :D

tigerham

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
tigerham said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Very true. And when you've figured that out let me know :D

:lol: Psychic abilities.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Thanks for all the input, guys. Much appreciated. It's often quite subjective when there isn't a great deal of previous sales to go off using the likes of Tracker etc.

The auction route is an option but I like to think that the fairer thing to do is offer it on here at a reasonable price given the estimates offered by you guys. I would certainly not be losing anything on what I paid for it a year or so ago. And I'd rather it go to a good home within this "community", rather than a flipper on ebay just looking to make a huge profit or unnecessarily bloating the market rate because two people with more money than sense "have to have it".

Don't get me wrong I'm not anti-capitalist or anti making a little profit. But there's a limit. For example there were a few MOCs at the Sandown toy fair today which were a good 50-60% over the current going rate. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Thanks again, guys.
Chris

coomber75

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:

never knew about tye litho shift may explain my hammerhead then i wasnt sure if was a reseal

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
coomber75 said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

never knew about tye litho shift may explain my hammerhead then i wasnt sure if was a reseal

Yeah, only seem to happen with Palitoys, including trilogos. Never seen it on a Kenner. I guess it's because the bubble was placed in the recess in the press and whilst the operator was adding the figure and weapon the bubble heated up from the latent heat in the press if it had been operating for a while. Then, when the card back has been placed in, if it's touched the now-sticky bubble flange then the glue has taken the litho print from the card. The card had then been placed in it's correct position and the top part of the press applied sealing the bubble to card but with the damage seen. You can imagine the operator of this one offering the base of the card on the bottom of the press first and just touch the bottom edge of the bubble before shifting it into its correct place. Probably cursing as they've felt the glue "snag" the cardback in the wrong position. Or more likely, not giving it a second thought as they move onto their 1,834th MOC of the day :)

coomber75

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
coomber75 said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Yeah, only seem to happen with Palitoys, including trilogos. Never seen it on a Kenner. I guess it's because the bubble was placed in the recess in the press and whilst the operator was adding the figure and weapon the bubble heated up from the latent heat in the press if it had been operating for a while. Then, when the card back has been placed in, if it's touched the now-sticky bubble flange then the glue has taken the litho print from the card. The card had then been placed in it's correct position and the top part of the press applied sealing the bubble to card but with the damage seen. You can imagine the operator of this one offering the base of the card on the bottom of the press first and just touch the bottom edge of the bubble before shifting it into its correct place. Probably cursing as they've felt the glue "snag" the cardback in the wrong position. Or more likely, not giving it a second thought as they move onto their 1,834th MOC of the day :)

love that you guys know this stuff... every day is a school day :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom