R2 sensorscope with paint app issue

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I've recently upgraded my loose R2 sensorscope and noticed my old figure had a paint application issue - specifically, one of the legs has no paint on at all. I've had it a long time and I certainly didn't strip it, so I'm wondering if it came from the factory that way. Is there an easy way to tell? If it is a factory issue how (if at all) does that affect the value?

R2-sense1.jpg

R2-sense2.jpg

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
hi,

In my opinion it looks like it came from the factory like that.

I would say it would not add anymore value to the figure but I could be wrong, someone focusing on R2D2 variants might pay a little bit more as its a factory error.

I hope this helps.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
I've recently upgraded my loose R2 sensorscope and noticed my old figure had a paint application issue - specifically, one of the legs has no paint on at all. I've had it a long time and I certainly didn't strip it, so I'm wondering if it came from the factory that way. Is there an easy way to tell? If it is a factory issue how (if at all) does that affect the value?

R2-sense1.jpg
R2-sense2.jpg

Wayne Totty who is part of Echo Base live have a good knowledge of R2's he maybe able to help.

hellhippie

Jedi Master
factory errors on paint apps come down to how badly someone wants it over fair market value .
sometimes they go for more others not . its a good looking r2 nonetheless

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Thanks for the feedback guys.

poncho said:
model paint touch up i think as its raised...but who knows
I'm not sure what makes you think it looks like it's painted. Maybe the picture hasn't come out so well as it's definitely down to the plastic with no paint present at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom