Vintage Card Backs values?

Darth_Flamingo

Hello to all,

I'm into collecting original SW / ESB / ROT Card Backs (1978 - 1985).

All of you knows that most cards still in existence have the proof of purchase circle cut off, and some have part of the images ripped off the cards. I was lucky enough to find some with not too much damages.

My questions are: since I'm buying theses card backs with the idea to resealing my action figures and to display them re-sealed on card, should I let them as is, meaning resealing the figure with the damages intact? Because my plan is to fix the damages with back-ups card backs as best that I can. Would doing that bring the value down or it doesn't really maters? Or should I leave the cards as is, without re-sealing the figures ????

Thanks in advance

D_F

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
They're your cards, so at the end of the day it's your decision of course. However, unless you also have the original bubbles to stick back onto the cards to make bona fide reseals, I think most collectors would prefer that you didn't stick new bubbles or newly printed parts to cover up picture rips etc. onto original cardbacks. Personally, without the original bubbles, I wouldn't bother trying to reseal the figures, but instead suggest displaying the figures standing in front of their cards. By resealing a non-original bubble or adding non-original printed areas, you're not increasing the value of the cards, but rather simply damaging them, which would be a shame if the cards are as nice as you say.

Anyway, it's your choice of course, but since you asked for advice, that's mine. :)

stu70

Padawan
Personally I would display the cards as they are, without trying to re-seal the figures or repair them, GW Acrylic do some really nice ways of displaying cards, the card on its own or a combined card and figure case.

http://www.gwacrylic.co.uk/store/product/adc-005-proof-card-cardback-display-case

http://www.gwacrylic.co.uk/store/product/adc-010-loose-cardback-or-proof-card-and-loose-figure-display-case

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom