Die Cast Darth Vader Tie Fighter Canadian (Bilingual)

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Hey Guys,

A couple of years ago I bought this nice Canadian carded Darth Vader Tie Fighter. It came with a plastic protective case, on Ebay I only can find acrylic cases for these die cast toys. But hey, it is not about the case :D

Does anyone of you have an estimate on it's value? I once read that the Canadian version is more valuable than the regular one because of the bilingual printing on the card. Notice that the card has some creasing, but overall it looks very good to me. It is an unpunched card, which is nice too.

Cheers in advance! 8)
P8210001.jpg
P8210002.jpg
P8210003.jpg
P8210005.jpg

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Sorry, I can be no help with a valuation but just wanted to say.....

FFFFWOOOOOOOAAAAAARRR!

Nice piece!

spoons

Grand Master
A tough one this as it seems to vary on what day of the week it is. Its the most common Canadian variation and if you sold it in the US or Canada you'd struggle to get more than $150-$200 dollars. Canadian Kenner is really under appreciated because on the face of it its just a Kenner logo - total madness IMO!

But put it on facebook and a UK buyer might pay £250 or more for the Canadian French text.

Personally I'd put it at minimum £150

PS - that 'star case' is very rare, only ever seen two before and they were sent to me from Singapore :)

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
A tough one this as it seems to vary on what day of the week it is. Its the most common Canadian variation and if you sold it in the US or Canada you'd struggle to get more than $150-$200 dollars. Canadian Kenner is really under appreciated because on the face of it its just a Kenner logo - total madness IMO!

But put it on facebook and a UK buyer might pay £250 or more for the Canadian French text.

PS - that 'star case' is very rare, only ever seen two before and they were sent to me from Singapore :)

Thanks spoons,

I got an offer a couple of months ago, the guy was willing to offer me £ 329, but I decided to keep this one a little while longer. It's such a nice piece , I really like the bilingual card!

The rare 'star case' is like a bonus to me, never found something like that. But I still need a case for my regular Kenner carded die cast TF :D

spoons

Grand Master
Mr. Tie said:
spoons said:

Thanks spoons,

I got an offer a couple of months ago, the guy was willing to offer me £ 329, but I decided to keep this one a little while longer. It's such a nice piece , I really like the bilingual card!

The rare 'star case' is like a bonus to me, never found something like that. But I still need a case for my regular Kenner carded die cast TF :D

no problem - £329 is a fantastic price, I bought one from Canada for £125 last summer and the last couple sold on facebook were around $150. £300-£400 gets you a Canadian TIE which are rare as anything. Saying that, the die cast is chronically undervalued and the DV TIE is a beauty and isnt common in the UK. Sensible to keep it :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom