Life Size Solo in Carbonite Valuation

Jaewoo

Hi, I'm looking for a valuation on a self made Solo in Carbonite. I have attached a photograph of the finished product that hangs on my wall. As you can see, the main pod is fully functional and is a true replica of the movie. Please feel free to check that out for yourselves. The green screen can stay on or can be changed to pulse to mimic the 'thawing' in Return of the Jedi. I have tried to upload a video but there's a problem with the file extension. Happy to send by email.
IMG_2694.JPG

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
You cant really put a value on something like this as it is fan made so from a collectibles point of view is worth nothing.

What it would be worth is the price you put on materials and craftsmanship, how long it took you to make it, how you value your time relative to the skill required to do something like this (not many could make it) and what you would be happy to receive in payment for making such an item. It would then be a case of finding someone who likes it enough to pay for it.

You really are the only person who can answer this question. View it as a piece of art and it will command what the artist wants for it.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Very nice.

As for value, as already mentioned it's all down to materials and labour.

Also are the control panels genuine volvo parts or copies ? as those alone can decide the value.. also the Han casting itself.. what's the history of that as there are a few versions out there with some much better than others.

People have made these for next to nothing whilst others have spent hundreds..

Jaewoo

The pods are copies of the Volvo panel. The main one having all the electronics.
I bought the main part some time ago off eBay and built the rest. The quality is excellent. I think the same guy sells them now for £1000. I can say that I'm one of the ones that's spent hundreds, even down to the brackets that hold it on the wall which are bespoke.
If anyone wants to see the video I can email it.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
jaewoo, that's great work! I don't know if you're just interested in a value out of curiosity but if you were thinking of selling then id be an interested buyer? I'll send you a message, should pop up as a notification in the top right corner...

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Just wanted to say that is a great piece of craftmanship.
I think we should be asking you, as the craftsman, how much you want for it. Labour plus parts, plus
that bit extra.

Jaewoo

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Really appreciate it. I've been looking on the internet, specifically USA, to see if there are any similar items for sale. I only saw one for sale on eBay at $8999 without electronics so I'd be probably be prepared to make another and sell for around £6k.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom