Din I get conned selling

choffialoopa

Padawan
I don't know what a bobbin is but I got the accessories of course.
I also bought a nice showcase for them and will buy the foot stands from Ian.

I will look forward now and has already help one guy from my country get a fair price for his goods.
Also bought a lovely MoC Chewbacca POTF 92A coin card to crown the collection with some wear and pricesticker ($ currency) as "proof of history" I prefer these rather than MoMC.

Quite happy to be in this forum and be collecting. :)

But I will look forward and NEVER return to post in this thread as it displays stupidity and irrational behavior in astronomic proportions from a month where I was totally out of balance. The spelling error in the subject says it all...

subzero

Sith Lord
How did this buyer still have the entire lot of figures/weapons etc?, one would have thought he would have flipped it all ( or at least some of the expensive pieces ) straight away. And even if he still had them all i'm surprised he'd completely reverse this deal after so many weeks have passed?

I don't get it! :?

choffialoopa

Padawan
As I wrote he didn't reverse the deal completely.
1)He kept all the machines and the bag.

2). He was an earlier collector who was starting again. As in not interested to flip. Hence the whole point of this thread. "I had faith in his evaluation theme". He was just stuck in prices that was long outdated. HAd he been a flipper or insinuated so, there would have been no point to this as there are many bad/good deals made everyday. Last night an A-Wing pilot (without gun) was sold at around 25£ for example.

Naturally, had he been a flipper I would never have seen any of it and I could have name and shame him as many requested.

choffialoopa

Padawan
It all comes back to me beeing very busy with moving and new job and wanting a quick easy trade with a decent low end market price.

Day 0: I dig my old Star wars boxes as I just bought a house near my new work (YAY :) ) and got the toys I had from my childhood unpacked. Find an admin on a random local SW site. Ask if he knows what it is worth. (MISTAKE 1. I should have searched longer than 15 seconds for a FB site. Found one that doesn't even do vintage toys)
Day 1: He replies yes and he has a booklet with prices . We agree he gets 1st dips if he gives me a decent low end market price. (MISTAKE 2. I didn't bother researching)
Day X: I go hand it all over to him. He knows a lot about it, but has stopped collection years ago and wants to start again. His evaluation is 200£ (MISTAKE 3. His knowledge of prices is very outdated)
Day X+1: He told me about the last 17 at day X. I got curious and searched around, finding prices way higher.
Day X+Y: We debate a bit back and forth the following days over the "decent low end market price" theme. (MISTAKE 4. I get a romantic taste for collecting community)
Day X+Y+5ish: He agrees to the market is changed based on evidence from here and ebay listings and The Starwars tracker app. We agree that I get the loose figures and their accessories back and he keeps the machines and the bag, and thus we both feel satisfied given my own lazyness and lack of research.

If this doesn't sum the confusion I don't know how to explain. Of course any of the 3 MISTAKES would have solved it all. All my mistakes are very stupid. But I am happy now (MISTAKE 4) and soon ready to have it on display in a cabinet I bought, with Iaian's cylinder cases.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
In the circumstances it sounds like a reasonable outcome for both. Like you say, lessons learned and best of luck with your collecting from here. You're definitely in the right place!

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
If Monty Python could have written a sketch around a forum post, it would have been this one :D

Nice one HaHa i would have to agree.

hellhippie

Jedi Master
wow , you were happy at the time , screw it . collect if you like that's why we're all here . lesson learned . welcome :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom