Marvel Star Wars Original Art Value

landoshootsfirst

I'm normally a Vintage collector and a SA comic buff, but I saw this cover for sale in an upcoming coming auction and was interested. It seems the old Marvel series art never comes up for sale - any idea of the range it should go for?

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions.asp&id=1061877

107kyer.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
There are a few things going against this piece; first off the obvious damage to Luke's face. Secondly it's Marvel UK as oppose to Marvel US. Further, as good as the art is, it's not by fantastically followed artists (penciller and inker).

Always hard to put a price on these things and it could well go silly (I've never seen a bronze age Marvel cover come up for sale before) but I would think you could expect to walk away with this for between £400-£600.

Watch this now get completely blown away and a naught added to the end of those figures :lol:

Simon

landoshootsfirst

Thanks! Any other guesstimates? I'm hedging my bets for a decent bit more based on what the marvel series interiors have been going for when the show up on eBay.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
The interior pages that show up are, typically, super hero comics, some of them still in print and, regardless, with a wider appeal. I'm not saying that SW isn't popular(!) but I'm saying you are far, far likely to find a couple of comic book fans (myself included) fighting over a pages of Amazing Spiderman than a couple of SW fans fighting over (and willing to pay the same price as the comic book fans) this page from Star Wars. And as I've already mentioned, this is a Marvel UK comic. It wasn't that long ago (crap, yes it was.....17 odd years ago :shock: ) that you could buy 2000AD internal pages for £10 a page and covers for £50-£100.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Amazing.

I collect the UK Marvel stuff, but it never occurred to me that this stuff exists.

I can imagine this going for good money.

What a find.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
With just over 2 days to go it's already at twice my estimate. IMHO it's already overvalued at that. But like I always say, different things float our boats and that's a good thing :)

Simon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom