Palitoy DSD and Jaw 20 backs

newswseller

Padawan
sith-smith said:
I was sure it was a rule that we did not out auctions, eBay or otherwise. Though that may just have been accepted practice, which is not the same as a rule.

This is my take on this. I haven't read this forums rules though.

sith-smith said:
Incidentally, doesn't the listing for the 4 rare Palitoy say they are unopened? Clearly not the case if reading the RS thread

Yeah, they say they are still unopened, and a quick glance you might be fooled into thinking they were, but as shown below, they are clearly not.

Attachments

• 153 Kenobi A.JPG
    153 Kenobi A.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 427
  • 153 Leia A.JPG
    153 Leia A.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 424

newswseller

Padawan
Mr. Bob A. Feet said:
Oh and while we're on the subject of etiquette I did see this thread but did not click on the link to Rebelscum but I linked the two later when viewing the lots from the thread I just posted and was watching the auction yesterday and considered bidding and it would have been nice if you had updated this thread before said auction and the items you requested valuation on were now known to be resealed!...

The Jawa and DSD were not resealed, anyone who bought those had a bargain, just went a little too high for me when you add 24% fees and shipping.

The 4 palitoy are not resealed either, just ripped opened.

Mr. Bob A. Feet

Jedi Knight
As I said someone had already listed the auction in the modern forum I just had the time to actually look at it and I see the item you were talking about in another thread and didn't say anything till after the lot had sold. I only listed the other four at that time as well, which were now known to be ripped open? so meh least everyone's warned lol

sith-smith

Grand Master
But the auction house says they are all unopened....even some opening is a direct contradiction of that statement.

Palifan

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
I was sure it was a rule that we did not out auctions, eBay or otherwise. Though that may just have been accepted practice, which is not the same as a rule.

Maybe something that should be an open discussion and then possibly a forum rule made? That way there's no uncertainty.

Incidentally, doesn't the listing for the 4 rare Palitoy say they are unopened? Clearly not the case if reading the RS thread

I agree that there really does need to be some sort of clarity on these outing live auctions threads but it seems that nobody has even mentioned it with the recent Vectis auctions. There are so many up at the moment that people are commenting on and some haven't happened yet so even though more people are aware of this auction house nowadays I struggle to see how this differs from elsewhere.

If there is going to be a rule on this it needs to be across the board surly?

Maybe a mod can comment on this?

Ian

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Funny I spoke with the new owner of the DSD & he said it would be for sale on FB later, I vested an interest in the DSD & they quoted me offers over 1400 :lol: I did try to politely point out its worth about a quarter of that, well IMO anyway

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
So someone rolled the dice on the 4x 12 backs for £2,100 (fees on top).

Lots of discussion about the two that looked sealed (Chewie and Han), but if they're decent condition then that's probably a reasonable price. If the seals are more damaged than they look, or worse, are reseals then it's a terrible price :lol:

Scary opening the post from the auctioneers if you're the buyer and aren't 100% sure what you bought.

newswseller

Padawan
I had lots of pictures (30+) from the seller in the end, looking at every side of the bubbles, Han def looked legit, Chewbacca was iffy down one side, not sure it was lifted enough to remove the figure though... an expensive gamble though and hope it was a collector who bought them as surely not enough meat on the bone to resell, especially after all the fees and shipping.

out of interest where was the discussion ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom