Alden Ehrenreich cast as the young Han Solo

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
http://io9.gizmodo.com/alden-ehrenreich-has-been-cast-as-the-young-han-solo-1775048470

I dont have a scooby doo who this fella is so interested in your thoughts?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Should be good I've never heard of him and I only watch mainstream spoon fed stuff.

They gonna CG his face? Looks older than Han in ANH already!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I don't much like the idea of anyone being cast as the young Han Solo, because I know what Harrison Ford looks like and hundreds of viewings of the films over nearly 40 years have ingrained in my brain that Han Solo looks like Harrison Ford.

This will probably be a fun movie but the Star Wars universe has had pretty great continuity until now and so it is a shame to recast such a major role.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
He's a fairly main role in Hail Ceaser ( Coen Brother's latest ) and was quite good and funny.

Is he Han Solo. No. But then I said Ben Afleck was a poor choice for Batman and found him to be superb !

It's a shame they are making the film at all to be honest, it's not necessary. And if it were then casting Ford again and doing it as a post ROTJ film and using CGI just as they did with Michael Douglas in Ant Man would have worked well, I'd be astonished if they were not doing this already with Indiana Jones 5.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
That young Robert Downey Jr in Civil war was good. They are defiantly getting better. Rumours of Moff Tarkin in Rogue One.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Arrgh, I'm dreading it. Never heard of him. Prefer to not know his back story to be honest.

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
It's so not needed and I think Disney will find they have a major backlash, Harrison find is Han Solo....I don't need the back story spelt out for me!

yoda

Sith Lord
Never heard of the guy. I actually think it's a smart move by Disney. I know I am pissed about all these offshoot movies about Starwars but it's all down to money. It will never mean anything to me like Startrek was to Treky fans. All the new audience never grew up with what we had. And that's what they are aiming at for more bucks. I have a small boy who can't even crawl yet but he will probably grow up thinking all these offshoot movies are great :?
It's like travelling stories it's always your own memories it means nothing much to the listener but you think it's exciting because you lived it.

tundra9

Sith Lord
Can't understand why they didn't cast Michiel Huisman:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,090

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
This Alden looks more like a young Jack Nicholson smiling like the Joker... :lol: Could become an equal disaster like young Indy :cry:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I do not think the guy look like Han Solo :(

Do any of you think they will add the scar solo have on the chin ? :D

sith-smith

Grand Master
I think the.problem lies with the fact that han was already 'young' in ANH.

It worked better and was far more believable with Ewan Mcgregor as there was 30 years or so between TPM and ANH. You could just about get away with it.

Personally I'd quite like to see something of the years Ben spent on tattooing. You could then get away with a young luke. But I think that's taking it all too far. As already said, it's a huge universe to explore!

x-pack

Grand Master
Yeh **** it. Why not. TFA is now one of my favourite films so i'm giving all new Star Wars movies the benefit of the doubt. Unlike the new Ghostbusters abomination I will not be slating or thinking ill of the new movies until I actually see them :)

sith-smith

Grand Master
:D I'm doing well here!

I serious need to check this auto correct on my phone!

The interesting question would be why did it auto correct 'might' into ming! :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom