Picked up Oscar Isaac in my cab tonight.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Not sure if this is in the right place, if not can you move it? Thanks

I was looking for a job around midnight, I saw another cab ahead of me, so I turned left to have a clear road ahead. About 200m up 3 guys hail me, and I immediately clock Oscar under the hat. I'm useless with names, but I spot celebrities very easily in the distance and dark. I confirmed it was him, and left it there as he was chatting. Eventually he spotted my Twitter avi in the back, which is part stormtrooper, and we had a chat about the armour, which I have. Nice as hell, and his friend was happy to snap us together. I didn't want to be annoying and ask what were the chances of an extras role :D .

Attachments

• IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 784

Joe

Grand Master
That's awesome! Great story and picture :) He looks like a cool guy to meet!

stormcab

Sith Lord
Joe said:
That's awesome! Great story and picture :) He looks like a cool guy to meet!

That Sliding Doors scenario about turning left or right results in your life taking a totally different path. Tonight was a good one, but who knows if I've missed others by turning the other way? Anyway, that's about as good as it gets.

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
OMG!!! :shock: You certainly are a lucky guy, posing with the best pilot of the Resistance :D I envy you... sigh... where is my Poe... cry :cry:

Joe

Grand Master
Golden opportunity to pick him up and mid journey turn around and say " I had no idea we had the best pilot in the Resistance on board" :lol:

stormcab

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Golden opportunity to pick him up and mid journey turn around and say " I had no idea we had the best pilot in the Resistance on board" :lol:

I've picked up a few celebs, and the first thing that runs through my mind is "what would an annoying geek fan NOT ask him" lol. He was the first to mention anything about Star Wars, so I tried to be as cool and collected as possible. I picked up Denis Lawson a few years back. I managed to sneak in about being a Star Wars fan, but by the body language I think he was more of an Alec Guinness when it comes to fans. He said it was just a small job he accepted straight out of acting school that he thought wouldn't go anywhere. All he said he did was sit in half an X-wing cockpit with a camera in his face, and just read the lines. When I dropped him I got a crappy iPhone photo of us, then took his son on somewhere. His son is a doctor and follows me still on Twitter :D . I got a little more info out of him, but it was basically that those Star Wars roles never really came up in family discussions while he was growing up. I think I remember hearing that Ewan McGregor had a bad experience with a black cab driver, and messaged Dr Lawson via DMs and told him to send my apologies on behalf of another one. He said he'd pass it on :D . In the unlikely event you are unaware of the relationship, Denis Lawson is Ewan's Uncle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom