Rogue one teaser trailer

Joe

Grand Master
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
Is this a teaser of a teaser trailer or the full trailer??

The answer is in the video :lol: (The full trailer is out today :) )

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
A teaser trailer is great news! Way too early for the full trailer, but it'll be good to get an idea of how the film is going to look.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
What ever the equivelent of the Star Wars collecting FTSE or NASDAQ is... It just went through the roof!! Looking forward to the next market watch on the podcast!!

Palifan

Sith Lord
_Lee_ said:
Palifan said:
And Star Wars is over :(

Ian

Eh? :shock:

When I first watched this teaser I really did feel like Star Wars was a bit over for me. I'm not really sure why but it felt like a fan film and I even wondered if it was for real. Maybe it's the amount of Star Wars things out there at the moment and also everyone (well certainly not everyone but you get my point),trying to make money off of people that's made me become a little distant to Star Wars recently.

That all being said I did then watch it again a bunch of times later and got a lot more out of it so I'm now coming around to the idea of it being pretty good.

Time will tell but it does make me wonder if outside of this new trilogy I might start to pull away a bit. Like with anything you can have too much of a good thing and for me it's probably a good time to focus on some other areas that interest me. I know I'll always come back to SW in the end but it's good to get a breath of fresh air every now and then.

Ian

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's pretty much how I'm feeling, SW will always be the thing I love most in the collecting world but I'm definitely feeling out of it lately, since TFA really and with Disney pumping out films every year the "too much of a good thing" is true for me.

Got a few things I want to get to pass on to other people but once I've done that I'm going to take a wee break from SW - spent a lovely evening searching ebay for other toys from my childhood - bigtrak,mego,Buck Rogers etc so going to add to my collection and hunt down a few non SW items that I loved back in the day, something different for a change plus they are bound to be cheaper :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Got a few things I want to get to pass on to other people but once I've done that I'm going to take a wee break from SW - spent a lovely evening searching ebay for other toys from my childhood - bigtrak,mego,Buck Rogers etc so going to add to my collection and hunt down a few non SW items that I loved back in the day, something different for a change plus they are bound to be cheaper :D[/quote]

This is the same for me and it's been fun researching something a bit different from SW recently. It's amazing how many toys you can forget you used to have and just one little picture can bring the memories flooding back :D

Ian

sith-smith

Grand Master
Personally I really liked it. Anything in that universe I'll like, but the closer things are to the OT time frame the more I like it.

Nothing can be done to star wars that will change my view. My memories are of 1977-85 and nothing after that period can alter it.

That said, i think in terms of collecting it's always.good to other another focus, either with the main one or a complete sideline. For me it was britains space toys....followed by late 70's/early 80's space lego.

It's enjoyable starting something new, learning new things and getting involved in an area that's not so muddied by cons/scandals/greed and hype! Hard to believe I'm talking about toy collecting!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Great trailer, and it didn't exhibit any red flags of worry (which for me would be the horrible CG phony greenscreen aesthetic). It all looked solid and tangible, and particularly loved the great shot of the Star Destroyer dwarfed by the Death Star.

To tell the truth this movie has me feeling a bit blasé. It's like a bonus. The Force Awakens had far higher stakes in terms of being the first Star Wars film in a decade and bringing back beloved characters.

2016 doesn't look like its going to be such a great year in film as 2015 was. The big flicks on the horizon don't fill me with huge hope. There's a new Avengers and a new X-Men (superhero flicks are starting to feel a little played out and samey). There's a remake of Ghostbusters and Magnificent 7. And there's a Harry Potter spin-off.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rogue One ends up being the big budget cinematic highlight of the year.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
High res pics look great...

ojD8y0o.jpg

Ns8QM10.jpg

afsupplies

Padawan
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
2016 doesn't look like its going to be such a great year in film as 2015 was. The big flicks on the horizon don't fill me with huge hope. There's a new Avengers and a new X-Men (superhero flicks are starting to feel a little played out and samey). There's a remake of Ghostbusters and Magnificent 7. And there's a Harry Potter spin-off.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rogue One ends up being the big budget cinematic highlight of the year.

Technically it's a Captain America film, not an Avengers one ;)
Never knew about the Magnificent 7 remake.
I agree Ghostbusters looks awful but I'll give it a try.
There's also the Independance Day sequel (that looks as bad as the original), Suicide Squad, a Pete's Dragon remake(!) a Ben Hur remake(!!), and a Bridget Jones sequel so there's plenty of turkeys on offer.
On the plus side there's a new Bourne film, Doctor Strange and a new Star Trek film out this year so not a bad year in prospect.
Deadpool has been my highlight so far but I've not seen BvS. They'll all pale in comparison to Rogue One though!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom