Where to buy tfa?

Spookedhippie

Sith Lord
Just wondering where everyone is getting their copy from for the new film and if anyone has seen any cool extras to go with the purchase?

Leemcl

Jedi Master
I'd be tempted with a copy from ITunes or Google play perhaps pending a Special Edition release, as you should get ITunes extras. I've seen no cases that are a must have in my opinion. I think the Steelbook comes close but @ £24.99 it's a bit over the top. The Amazon limited editions are £14.99 and that is not bad.

I have a copy of the film on Blu Ray and it is absolutely stunning, both on a 1080p and a 4K screen. Absolutely flawless transfer....but it's not 3D :eek: so you know that's coming later this year for a double dip

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
I was holding out until the 18th to pick up a copy, but popopped in to tesco and ended up pre-ordering a Lightside copy.
Tesco is giving away a Star Wars guide with a pre-order copy.
Not much info on it.
It will either be good or be something like a glossy 16 page magazine and not worth the bother.

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
Here's a link to the above offer:
http://www.tesco.com/direct/special-offer/pre-order-star-wars-the-force-awakens-on-dvd-or-blu-ray-and-receive-a-free-tesco-exclusive-star-wars-expert-guide/promo38010057.promo?catId=4294894403&sortBy=1&icid=ents_main_slot1&sc_cmp=aff*nt*gmo*HotUKDeals_1018132&utm_medium=gmo&utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_campaign=aff*HotUKDeals_1018132

And this is the guide that comes with it:
http://www.tesco.com/direct/star-wars-expert-guide/P3M-5QD8.prd?skuId=P3M-5QD8&pageLevel=sku&sc_cmp=aff*nt*gmo*HotUKDeals_1018132&utm_medium=gmo&utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_campaign=aff*HotUKDeals_1018132

x-pack

Grand Master
Tesco probably. Usually cheap for new release stuff.

Is there some fancy edition that comes with more whistles and bells?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Just pre-ordered the 'Dark Side' version with free book from Tesco. Free delivery at the moment too. Says it has an extra disc as well- not sure what's on it.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
I suspect the Bonus disc is simply the extras disc rather than something new.

I got the ITunes copy ( already have the Blu Ray without features ) and watched the extras. The Documentary is good. The rest of the stuff is just filler. The Deleted scenes, **** me ! Don't bother, close to insulting given what is well documented to have been cut. The cut scenes are not even full cuts. They are generally part scenes that add sod all.

The Special Edition can't come soon enough as this is generally poor.

x-pack

Grand Master
When is the special edition out? I would rather have a fuller version than just buying the standard edition as soon as it comes out

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Released today over here...€13.99 in Tesco...Just the Movie, no extras...
IMG_20160415_114840.jpg

Also had the limited edition ESB disc arrive...Original theatrical release...That's tonight's viewing sorted!
IMG_20160415_111141.jpg

x-pack

Grand Master
14 quid! I forgot how much new films cost to buy :eek: And that's literally just the film is it? No extras or anything at all?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom