Episode 8 pushed back to December 2017.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Just read about this, quit relieved to be honest. Rogue 1 out this Christmas and the origional month being May 2017 for Episode 8, it just seemed to close together for me. Next 2 Christmas will be Star Wars ones. :D

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
How amusing, I just clicked in to post this too...
I was initially annoyed, but its probably for the best; spread it out and prolong the joy!

Palifan

Sith Lord
If it means spending a little longer on things like those tentacled monsters we saw with Han Solo then I'm all for it!

Ian

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Just read about this! Mixed feelings. I am all for spreading it out but this clashes with my dads 53rd Birthday which is a minor inconvenience. But he is almost as excited as me to see EPII! :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Dark Sith Lord said:
Just read about this! Mixed feelings. I am all for spreading it out but this clashes with my dads 53rd Birthday which is a minor inconvenience. But he is almost as excited as me to see EPII! :D

Take your Dad to see it for his birthday. :wink: :)

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Little bit disappointed at first....2 years! But thinking about it now I'm happy to have the break between movies...especially with Rouge 1 out this year. Good to see it's not being rushed!

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Don't care when it comes out as long as they make it a great film.

Personally, I quite like seeing great films near Xmas, they did it with The Hobbit films too. I think everyone is a bit more relaxed round then, unless you work in as shop! And you can see it loads of times over the holidays without feeling too guilty as well.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I just heard with this new release date that it comes out a week before the Avatar sequel. Makes me wonder how this will effect the box office takings for both of these. Surely it would have made more sense to have a larger gap between these two films unless Disney are hoping to take the wind out of Avatars sails.

It'll be an interesting time to see what happens and I still find it amazing how much Avatar made worldwide especially with it not leaving much of a footprint since it's release.

Ian

MarkG

Jedi Master
15th December.... now I know what to ask the wife for a wedding anniversary pressie...lol.

Good call tbh. Hope it gives them time to make Ep8 bigger than originally planned...so no need to rush it.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
I just heard with this new release date that it comes out a week before the Avatar sequel. Makes me wonder how this will effect the box office takings for both of these. Surely it would have made more sense to have a larger gap between these two films unless Disney are hoping to take the wind out of Avatars sails.

It'll be an interesting time to see what happens and I still find it amazing how much Avatar made worldwide especially with it not leaving much of a footprint since it's release.

Ian

Avatar no longer scheduled for December 17, probably going to be summer 18 now. Don't think it's as a consequence of Ep8, more to the extended production time (seeing as Cameron seems to have done nothing yet) ...

Palifan

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Avatar no longer scheduled for December 17, probably going to be summer 18 now. Don't think it's as a consequence of Ep8, more to the extended production time (seeing as Cameron seems to have done nothing yet) ...

Well at least that worked out for the best for both films and I guess Disney knew about this when rescheduling ep 8. No fight!

Ian

grinchy

Sith Lord
I like the christmas releases, and hope the extra time is spent wisely on script polishing and getting the movie done right, they did a great job with the last one, i'm sure this will be great to

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
If it means spending a little longer on things like those tentacled monsters we saw with Han Solo then I'm all for it!

Ian

I agree Ian...those Rathtar creatures were about the only thing I didn't like in Episode-VII...the other two hours was fantastic :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom