Rey previously trained?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
So even though i can only read at RS ive noticed a few are questioning the fact of how Rey is so skillful with a saber? After seeing her wield the stick weapon earlier in the film, im thinking that she WAS a Jedi student under Luke as a smaller child and that she was previously trained, until Ren went all naughty :D I also think she was put somewhere safe to protect her from him until her time came, and this makes me believe even more that she is Lukes. If Ren had taken her out then he would have probably taken Luke out of the equation too., thus forever wiping the Jedi out.

Im really hoping that Rey wasnt another 'immaculate' conception ala Anakin in TPM aswell because that would upset the applecart

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
I just get the impression she is extremely strong with the force... What her lineage is? Well thats the story for Ep 8!

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
_Lee_ said:
So even though i can only read at RS ive noticed a few are questioning the fact of how Rey is so skillful with a saber? After seeing her wield the stick weapon earlier in the film, im thinking that she WAS a Jedi student under Luke as a smaller child and that she was previously trained, until Ren went all naughty :D I also think she was put somewhere safe to protect her from him until her time came, and this makes me believe even more that she is Lukes. If Ren had taken her out then he would have probably taken Luke out of the equation too., thus forever wiping the Jedi out.

Im really hoping that Rey wasnt another 'immaculate' conception ala Anakin in TPM aswell because that would upset the applecart

I was thinking the same thing, and I wondered if her mind had been wiped to protect her. She might have been told to stay on Jakku for her own safety, and due to the mind alteration is why she keeps trying to go back there.

r1hvy

Padawan
Regarding Rey she does seem powerful for someone with no training, does Kylo Ren's mind trick attempt trigger something in her brain? Is she in fact Luke's daughter?
My speculative theory goes that she is Luke's daughter and her mother is another of Luke's students, which is why she seems so powerful, father and mother both jedi. This is one of the factors in sending Ren over the edge, perhaps he also coveted the mother and the reason as to why she is hidden away seemingly given priority over Lukes other students.
What do you guys think?

Joe

Grand Master
r1hvy said:
Regarding Rey she does seem powerful for someone with no training, does Kylo Ren's mind trick attempt trigger something in her brain? Is she in fact Luke's daughter?
My speculative theory goes that she is Luke's daughter and her mother is another of Luke's students, which is why she seems so powerful, father and mother both jedi. This is one of the factors in sending Ren over the edge, perhaps he also coveted the mother and the reason as to why she is hidden away seemingly given priority over Lukes other students.
What do you guys think?

I can see this being a possibility, I hadn't thought about her being the daughter of one of Luke's students but that's a good call. Wouldn't be impressed if she is another Skywalker (even though that's the running theme of the whole franchise lol) but would still be interested to learn about who her mother was.

KY10REY

Youngling
I would suggest Rey had been identified as being strong with the force, about to commence training, then someone took as many of these trainees and then dumped Rey somewhere insignificant, before completing their journey

Finn was also one such trainee, was not as lucky, but ended up being press ganged by the First Order
Several years later his force connection broke through

If you watch the scene where Finn and Rey crash take off the Millenium Falcon (known as "Follow Me") they pretty much match what they are saying ("I can do this") and at the end of the scene their conversation overlaps at an incredible speed, then as they calm down slows down

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom