Rey,s parentage.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
After watching it again today, im convinced that Luke is Reys father. Han seems to be intent on looking out for her and when she tells him her name he gives her a lingering glance. He knows of her for sure.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm of the opinion it's Luke that is Rey s father, and there will be a reference to his wife ( mara Jade type character) possibly in flashback in the next film. This would also account for Lukes hermitage in part, desperate and self blaming for the loss of his wife etc....

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
I'd go Han and Leia daughter. Twins run in the family after all. Also you can imagine the battle once her parents are revealed v Ren. It wouldn't be the same if it's cousin v cousin, I'd bet on brother v sister in the same way that it was pretty cool having Darth v Luke in father v son. Much more of a cash in for Disney as well- and let's face it they love money.

It's definitely one of the two! Money on Finn being Lando son as well! Lando features in Rebels, I'd put money on that as well.

Joe

Grand Master
TrisCompany said:
I'd go Han and Leia daughter. Twins run in the family after all. Also you can imagine the battle once her parents are revealed v Ren. It wouldn't be the same if it's cousin v cousin, I'd bet on brother v sister in the same way that it was pretty cool having Darth v Luke in father v son. Much more of a cash in for Disney as well- and let's face it they love money.

It's definitely one of the two! Money on Finn being Lando son as well! Lando features in Rebels, I'd put money on that as well.

Negative on the twins thing, Kylo Ren is supposed to be about 29 or 30 and Rey is only 19.

Jez

Sith Lord
At Rey's home (the AT AT) she has an X-Wing Pilot doll. She also put on the Rebel Helmet like a comfort blanket. I'd say it was a good bet Rey's father was a Rebel Pilot as well as being strong with the Force....

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
I hadn't picked up on the at at being her home. Good spot. I was more occupied about how an at at could have got there. I mean I know it's all terrain but surely wouldn't be very effective on sand- hence sandcrawlers and track related vehicles. Also I couldn't see how it could have fallen out of of star destroyer that easily. Looked cool though.

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
They could still be bro and sis though. She looked about 5 or 6 when she was deserted which might tally with when Ben Solo turns Kylo. Worried about her safety they then take her away. But then if so surely KR would know he had a sister so it would seem improbable. Although with the same logic surely he'd know he had a cousin because she was a little girl not a baby. Although that being said they talked about sending him away to the academy so he might have been away and not known, although he would have been taught by her father and surely he would have said something? Who knows. **** it.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm guessing Luke's daughter as it helps explain her affinity to Luke's sabre, the fact Leia and Han don't mention her and the fact Ren doesn't recognise her ( by sight or through the force).

I'd also guess Ren is an only child, but nothing to say Rey is. Prospect of another sibling strong in the force appearing later? Here's hoping :D

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Having whinged about how Luke and Rey don't speak at the end I've come to the conclusion that the only sensible reason for this is that Rey is his daughter. I think he knows, but she doesn't. There's that starry look in her eye like "I'm meeting a legend", whereas he's looking abit daunted by it all because now he's got to explain to her why he ditched her on Jakku.

By saying nothing they leave the cliffhanger open and a great set up for the next film. If they'd have spoken, he would have had to acknowledge some familiarity.

Just my thoughts :lol:

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I am hoping she is Luke's daughter, possibly born in secret as it would be improbable that Han and Leia didn't know about her if she was born 'in the open' so to speak.

But there is another possibility, she is descended from Palpatine and Luke hid her away for her own safety know she would be force sensitive but not know if the light or the dark would dominate her personality.

Whatever the answer (and is is probably none of these) it is a good cliff hanger and will send the Internet mad over the next two years :)

Joe

Grand Master
Maybe the pilot connection is because Wedge had an affair with Leia?? :lol:

Dantooine

Padawan
What? Why do you all want her to be Luke's daughter? It's too much of a coincidence. Plus she says that she thought Luke was a myth. She's a new character, what's the problem with that. It's a big galaxy, why make it smaller.

They could go with the whole idea that the Force is guiding these characters together, but that would be ****. Let me say that again, ****. It would be the worst thing they could do to this new trilogy.

I really hope it's NOT his daughter and she's unrelated to anyone. What's next - Finn being Lando' son, Captain Phasma being Rey's mum?!? Not as ridiculous as Darth Vader building C-3PO...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom