Kenobi Movie

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Personally have no excitement about the idea of a Kenobi film, along with Fett it seems the most uninspiring of options. McGregor was (for me) one of the worst things about the prequels, that bloody stupid Alec Guinness impression still jars me, more than Jar Jar most of the time actually! As for how it fits in... 2.5 hours of watching him shuffle around a hovel on tattooine... maybe we can pick up some 'how to cook a Bantha steak' tips...

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'd love to see a Kenobi I film, I'm just not at all keen to see McGregor reprise the role.

Like Steve, I thought he was terrible in the prequels - maybe not all his fault as he may have been directed to play the part that way.

Hopefully the role would be recast. But who to play him???

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Scarifpacific said:
I'd love to see a Kenobi I film, I'm just not at all keen to see McGregor reprise the role.

Like Steve, I thought he was terrible in the prequels - maybe not all his fault as he may have been directed to play the part that way.

Hopefully the role would be recast. But who to play him???

Very fair point, the actors are all directed, it is a group effort... including myself as the viewer, that delivered the experience in the end.
I should add that I wasn't keen on a Solo movie either and I loved that, so I'll no doubt love whatever they make next. I think for me though we have still seen enough Kenobi in Clone Wars and we all saw more than enough Fett in Empire.

I'd really like something new... Q'ira and Maul, Enfys Nest, even a Beckett story all jump much higher up my wish list than revisiting these already explored characters.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I'm not the biggest fan of McGregor, but I'd be interested to to see what he can do with another shot at Kenobi. I think the cast of the Prequels weren't given the best shot at being able to give their best performances. Mainly due to having to act with little to no actual environment or other on-screen characters. The CG heavy nature of the Prequels' production would have been hard on most seasoned actors I think.

Given how McGregor is already well established as Kenobi for chunk of the fanbase, mainly younger prequel era kids I would suggest, I think he's a safer bet than the recasting for Solo. Although I thought Alden did a pretty good job of delivering the essence of a cocky younger Han and I was one of the sceptical ones in the lead up to the film's release.

With a Fett movie Disney could potentially make a mistake in unravelling a lot of the mystique which makes Fett such a fan favourite. If handled properly an underworld, bounty hunter centric movie with a Fett cameo could be really good in my opinion.

The most important thing Disney has to do when meddling with beloved characters as old as the OT is respecting the source material. For characters like Solo, Kenobi, Luke etc their characters are very well established so any major deviation from lore needs to be very thoughtfully considered. I think there's also an element of just because you can, doesn't mean you should. One of the reason I liked Rogue One so much was because it centred around a bunch of new characters. I bloody loved the Vader cameos and I realise they were done purely to tickle the balls the the OT fans, but Vader and Tarkin acted very much in the vein of that which we're used to in the OT (not including Vader's sabre slashing...which was a particularly badass new addition). I'd love to see more Star Wars Stories like this; new characters and new worlds.

Chris

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
I'm not the biggest fan of McGregor, but I'd be interested to to see what he can do with another shot at Kenobi. I think the cast of the Prequels weren't given the best shot at being able to give their best performances. Mainly due to having to act with little to no actual environment or other on-screen characters. The CG heavy nature of the Prequels' production would have been hard on most seasoned actors I think.

Given how McGregor is already well established as Kenobi for chunk of the fanbase, mainly younger prequel era kids I would suggest, I think he's a safer bet than the recasting for Solo. Although I thought Alden did a pretty good job of delivering the essence of a cocky younger Han and I was one of the sceptical ones in the lead up to the film's release.

With a Fett movie Disney could potentially make a mistake in unravelling a lot of the mystique which makes Fett such a fan favourite. If handled properly an underworld, bounty hunter centric movie with a Fett cameo could be really good in my opinion.

The most important thing Disney has to do when meddling with beloved characters as old as the OT is respecting the source material. For characters like Solo, Kenobi, Luke etc their characters are very well established so any major deviation from lore needs to be very thoughtfully considered. I think there's also an element of just because you can, doesn't mean you should. One of the reason I liked Rogue One so much was because it centred around a bunch of new characters. I bloody loved the Vader cameos and I realise they were done purely to tickle the balls the the OT fans, but Vader and Tarkin acted very much in the vein of that which we're used to in the OT (not including Vader's sabre slashing...which was a particularly badass new addition). I'd love to see more Star Wars Stories like this; new characters and new worlds.

Chris

Totally agree on most of this Chris, I really loved what Alden did with Han and sure, as much as I don't care for the Kenobi / McGregor revisit, it would fit age and fanbase wise, so why not... I've been very open that I really like what they've done with OT characters and how they have shifted the view... each to their own on this one I think.

Only thing I think we'd differ on is the Vader scene at the end of R1.. it's actually one of my least favourite Star Wars scene in any Star Wars film (AOTC aside)... just felt totally out of character and sensationalist... also didn't fit the rest of the film for me either. I actually usually fast forward through it! :shock:

New characters and new worlds works for me.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes apparently Disney are disappointed with how the spin offs have done at the box office. What do you expect when you slap out 4 Star Wars films in 2 and a half years!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom