Header image

Kenobi Movie

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6633
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:55 am
Location: Gateshead UK

Kenobi Movie

Postby Richard_H » Thu May 10, 2018 6:07 pm

Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby Snaketibe » Thu May 10, 2018 8:42 pm

I'm glad. Let's just hope they don't make a hash of it. I enjoyed TFA, but found it also very flawed, loved Rogue One (although it seems that film was saved in the reshoots and edit, by all accounts), but hated TLJ with an undying passion that means I will never again watch anything Rian Johnson has come within a thousand miles of. So for me, Kathleen Kennedy's Disney Star Wars film track record is rather patchy. I'm really looking forward to 'Solo' and am hopeful Ron Howard has pulled off a good film, but if that film sucks then Disney may have trouble getting me to watch 'Kenobi'.

User avatar
theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby theforceuk » Thu May 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Another exciting film to look forward to and another Star Wars Christmas. :)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

User avatar
Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 667
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby Darth Bobby » Fri May 11, 2018 10:24 am

Is it just me or does December 2020 sound scary, the years are flying by... They are knocking the films out at a rate of knots now. Hope it's good.

User avatar
Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 8135
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:35 pm
Location: South Wales
Contact:

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby Grant_C » Fri May 11, 2018 10:29 am

I hope they start making them daily. What an amazing time to be a fan.

User avatar
theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4660
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby theforceuk » Fri May 11, 2018 12:17 pm

It is a great time to be a Star Wars fan. I’ve tried explaining to my 6 year old son that it wasn’t always like this. He’s already been to see 3 Star Wars films at the cinema and he can’t remember a Christmas without their being a new Star Wars film. 8)
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

User avatar
Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby Clarkspie&chips » Mon May 14, 2018 4:55 pm

I’m keen for this, as crap as the prequels are, the period between should provide a really interesting backdrop - Rebels was great.

No signs of casting but if they make this without Ewan McGregor, the internet is literally going to explode.

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 9311
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby Pomse2001 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:40 am

any idea how old obi-wan should be in this movie ? are we talking before the clone wars or after ? :?

User avatar
Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2669
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 6:53 pm
Location: Gloucestershire

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby Cazza » Thu May 17, 2018 9:36 am

Almost certainly between ROTS & SW...
Collecting SW since 1980.
Image
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 17446
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: My Island

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby weasel » Thu May 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Snaketibe wrote:I'm glad. Let's just hope they don't make a hash of it. I enjoyed TFA, but found it also very flawed, loved Rogue One (although it seems that film was saved in the reshoots and edit, by all accounts), but hated TLJ with an undying passion that means I will never again watch anything Rian Johnson has come within a thousand miles of. So for me, Kathleen Kennedy's Disney Star Wars film track record is rather patchy. I'm really looking forward to 'Solo' and am hopeful Ron Howard has pulled off a good film, but if that film sucks then Disney may have trouble getting me to watch 'Kenobi'.


LMK what you think of Solo if you go and see it. I'm refusing to go after TLJ but the missus says she's gonna go with her brother. So if you think it's good, and it sounds like we have a fairly similar outlook on the films, please LMK.

Oohh and I won't be reading any of the Solo threads so don't tell me it's good in there lol.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby Snaketibe » Thu May 17, 2018 1:56 pm

weasel wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:I'm glad. Let's just hope they don't make a hash of it. I enjoyed TFA, but found it also very flawed, loved Rogue One (although it seems that film was saved in the reshoots and edit, by all accounts), but hated TLJ with an undying passion that means I will never again watch anything Rian Johnson has come within a thousand miles of. So for me, Kathleen Kennedy's Disney Star Wars film track record is rather patchy. I'm really looking forward to 'Solo' and am hopeful Ron Howard has pulled off a good film, but if that film sucks then Disney may have trouble getting me to watch 'Kenobi'.


LMK what you think of Solo if you go and see it. I'm refusing to go after TLJ but the missus says she's gonna go with her brother. So if you think it's good, and it sounds like we have a fairly similar outlook on the films, please LMK.

Oohh and I won't be reading any of the Solo threads so don't tell me it's good in there lol.

OK, no problem, will do. I'll definitely give 'Solo' a try and will post a spoiler-free reply to you here giving my thoughts :-)

User avatar
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 2345
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby subzero » Thu May 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Gotta be honest I don't really see where they can start with a good story on this, from ROTS to SW he exiled himself on Tatooine for decades, stuck there just rotting in a little hut and unknown by everybody on the planet. Surely we won't be seeing any lightsaber action either because nobody else with a saber knows he's even there, and any kind of adventures Kenobi might have got involved in with other people could have possibly alerted who and where he was to the empire.

The only scenarios I can think of is something to do with him watching over and protecting Luke, but I can't imagine him interacting with him much because we get the impression from A New Hope that they've never spoken before. And maybe a scenario of avoiding the empire on Tatooine in some way, unless he secretly travels to other planets to do some secret shit I can't see what else they'd come up with. :?:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 17446
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: My Island

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby weasel » Thu May 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
weasel wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:I'm glad. Let's just hope they don't make a hash of it. I enjoyed TFA, but found it also very flawed, loved Rogue One (although it seems that film was saved in the reshoots and edit, by all accounts), but hated TLJ with an undying passion that means I will never again watch anything Rian Johnson has come within a thousand miles of. So for me, Kathleen Kennedy's Disney Star Wars film track record is rather patchy. I'm really looking forward to 'Solo' and am hopeful Ron Howard has pulled off a good film, but if that film sucks then Disney may have trouble getting me to watch 'Kenobi'.


LMK what you think of Solo if you go and see it. I'm refusing to go after TLJ but the missus says she's gonna go with her brother. So if you think it's good, and it sounds like we have a fairly similar outlook on the films, please LMK.

Oohh and I won't be reading any of the Solo threads so don't tell me it's good in there lol.

OK, no problem, will do. I'll definitely give 'Solo' a try and will post a spoiler-free reply to you here giving my thoughts :-)



Cool, cheers! 8)
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

User avatar
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby Snaketibe » Thu May 17, 2018 8:15 pm

subzero wrote:Gotta be honest I don't really see where they can start with a good story on this, from ROTS to SW he exiled himself on Tatooine for decades, stuck there just rotting in a little hut and unknown by everybody on the planet. Surely we won't be seeing any lightsaber action either because nobody else with a saber knows he's even there, and any kind of adventures Kenobi might have got involved in with other people could have possibly alerted who and where he was to the empire.

The only scenarios I can think of is something to do with him watching over and protecting Luke, but I can't imagine him interacting with him much because we get the impression from A New Hope that they've never spoken before. And maybe a scenario of avoiding the empire on Tatooine in some way, unless he secretly travels to other planets to do some secret shit I can't see what else they'd come up with. :?:

Where there's a billion dollars to be made at the box office, I'm sure Disney will find a way! ;-)

And besides, Rian Johnson has already shown that Disney are quite happy for established canon to be thrown away with gay abandon, so I guess they could make old Ben do just about anything in his film, lightsaber action and all.

Having said that, I remain cautiously hopeful about 'Kenobi'. I like Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan, and after the fierce backlash (quite rightly, IMHO) leveled at Disney following the utter disgrace of TLJ, despite their official defence of their choices in that film, you can bet your life both Episode 9 and all future Star Wars films will look a damn sight more like the Original Trilogy than TLJ did! It's not even a question backpedaling by Disney over that defence; TLJ didn't make them as much money as it should have done, and they know it. Disney's number one priority with these films is making money, so they'll do whatever they can to ensure they don't piss off half the fan base with future offerings in order to maximise their profits... It's just a shame they had to destroy the episodic franchise in order to realise that rather obvious fact :-(

User avatar
Spookedhippie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: Kenobi Movie

Postby Spookedhippie » Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 pm

If they base it off the kenobi book they’ll do well...it works for the time period and maintains kenobis exile on tatooine...plays like a western
Image


Return to “Star Wars Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests