Rey,s parentage.

Joe

Grand Master
I really don't want her to be Luke's daughter either and I am quite hopeful those involved have thought this all through meaning she won't be!

I guess we are so used to almost every character in Star Wars having some kind of family connection that it's hard not to assume she is a Skywalker after seeing TFA.

I'm hoping we get a surprise with Rey's back story, I don't mind if she's related to *someone* but it shouldn't be Luke or another main character and if she isn't related to anyone we've met before then that's totally fine too! I don't think she needs to be the offspring of anyone important so far for the film/story to work but arguably as the force is stronger with certain characters it's a safe bet there will be a link to some powerful jedi/force user somewhere.

Dantooine

Padawan
I think the reading of the Force in the OT was that anyone could use it if you believed strongly enough in it and yourself. Kind zen thing going on, which is why an audience could relate (and another thing the prequels completely ****ed up). So having Rey as a new character would really open that up.

Personally I'd be happy for her to become the new Han Solo and take over his smuggling with Chewy! Fat chance of them taking that direction I know, it's all going to be about fulfilling destiny and wot not.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I'd really like to see the universe expand.. Its all to easy and convienient to have her related to OT characters, most especially Luke. I get the idea of Kylo being the offspring of Han and Leia, I actually quite like it, but for any of the other main cast in the younger layer also being a relation just feels a bit lazy and predictable.

The idea that she is from a separate bloodline/parentage would be my preference

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Dantooine said:
What? Why do you all want her to be Luke's daughter? It's too much of a coincidence. Plus she says that she thought Luke was a myth. She's a new character, what's the problem with that. It's a big galaxy, why make it smaller.

They could go with the whole idea that the Force is guiding these characters together, but that would be ****. Let me say that again, ****. It would be the worst thing they could do to this new trilogy.

I really hope it's NOT his daughter and she's unrelated to anyone. What's next - Finn being Lando' son, Captain Phasma being Rey's mum?!? Not as ridiculous as Darth Vader building C-3PO...

It's not really a big galaxy tho is it? I mean, we know she was left on Jakku for a reason. We just don't know by who or why. That reduces the size of the Galaxy a lot, and means it's no random conincidence that she's there.

Personally I hope she's not related to anyone but this is Star Wars and I suspect she will be.

As long as it's not some midichlorian nonsense ...

tundra9

Sith Lord
TrisCompany said:
Anybody see this?

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/24/reys-identity-possibly-revealed-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens-d/

You should've put a massive spoiler alert on this post mate...
Massive fail on communication between Disneys game dept and Abrams...

Edit: maybe not so much spoiler after reading the comments on that article after all :p

S117

Youngling
tundra9 said:
TrisCompany said:
Anybody see this?

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/24/reys-identity-possibly-revealed-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens-d/

You should've put a massive spoiler alert on this post mate...
Massive fail on communication between Disneys game dept and Abrams...

Edit: maybe not so much spoiler after reading the comments on that article after all :p

Ah I heard about this. Looks like it might have been dismissed anyhow.

yoda

Sith Lord
Just back from watching it a second time. Was more relaxed watching it really enjoyed it again. I am now convinced Rey is a younger daughter of Solo. The look he gave her once she said her name. Plus she was familiar with the controls of the Falcon. I believe that's why she was in close proximity of the ship. It was stolen so she may have been on it at the time. Kylo also knew of a girl he posibly never met. They have been separated on purpose to protect her. It may have been Leia or Luke that she remembers leaving her. She would have been to young to remember who they really were. It's obvious that she has been trained in some small way in the ways of the Force but never realised it. Kylo also metions Solo as the father she never had. I think Solo knew he was walking to his death and by his sacrifice it would make her stronger. Going down the Obi-Wan route. At the end she looked at home in the pilots seat with Chewie by her side. Of course I could be completely away with the fairy's but it's only my opinion after watching it again. :) I am sure when I give it another look I could think something totally different :? But that's what makes this movie great for me. :)

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
If she is Han/Leia's daughter, when she embraces Leia why wouldn't Leia say something? She's out in the open now with the Resistance, no longer anonymous, so what's Leia's motivation for continuing the ruse? I think Leia knows Rey is her niece, hence the embrace, but it can obviously be read a number of different ways :D

KY10REY

Youngling
It is lazy writing if Rey is a direct relative of Luke or Leia
Equally, this presents its own problems
Han does not appear to recognise her
Leia does not say much and in their two scenes together do not really seem to hint at this

Instead she should just simply be someone identified as strong with the force at an early age, started training, but it all went wrong (as seen in the flashback)

However, there other possibilities but these create their own problems
She is a clone of Luke, after someone found both Lukes lightsaber and the hand (Kylo appears to have already seen the lightsaber previously)
She is a clone of Anakin / Darth Vader, although having watched Episode III I do not see any reclaimed body parts
She is the granddaughter of Obi Wan Kenobi, but we already know Obi Wan was a follower of the Jedi Code (but after Episode III what does it matter!)

Finally, where does Lor San Tekka and Maz fit into this
Lor San Tekka would only be about 56 in Episode VI, so may have joined Luke as a follower thereafter
I have read he was a founder of the Church of the Force and Maz was also a member
What to note is that there is a deleted scene where Maz uses the force (and quite rightly too)

x-pack

Grand Master
We could assume that Han has never seen Rey since she was a baby. Might explain why he doesn't recognise her.

I like the OB1 potential. It is possible that he got a bit drunk one night in the Cantina and hooked up with some wench. After this he was ashamed of breaking the Jedi code and went into hiding proper. Good way to avoid the Imperial CSA as well :wink:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
There's got to be something to do with Luke or Obi Wan. The saber calls to her + Obi Wan speaks in her flashback 'Rey, these are your first steps'. Hmmm...

mumbo

Sith Lord
Could she be the illegitimate love child of Leia and R2??? She looks like a young Leia and can also speak fluent droid..............

Just thinking out aloud here :idea:

(over 18's click here for further proof (http://i.imgur.com/RvO74xo.gif)

x-pack

Grand Master
mumbo said:
Could she be the illegitimate love child of Leia and R2??? She looks like a young Leia and can also speak fluent droid..............

Just thinking out aloud here :idea:

(over 18's click here for further proof (http://i.imgur.com/RvO74xo.gif)

Oh my God :shock: Do not open that if any family are in the room

:lol:

yoda

Sith Lord
Was thinking what if Rey isn't and it's Finn who is actually an offspring of the Skywalkers. And he's the one who brings balance to the Force :!:
He could be Leia and Landos lovechild which happened when staying in cloud city. After all Han and Leia hadn't been seeing eye to eye for awhile when staying there.
Lando did come across as abit of a charmer and ladies man when they first met. Maybe he worked his magic and Finn is the result.
Its just another thought but it is possible :)

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Rey-Ben? Too obvious, maybe....??? :? :roll: :D

Rey-Ben.jpg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Listening to Radio 1 this morning and JJ has been asked by a kid who Reys parents are. He said her parents are not in the latest film, so that counts out Luke, Leia and Han. Wandering if this means they have been in a Star Wars film at all?

yoda

Sith Lord
Mr. Tie said:
Rey-Ben? Too obvious, maybe....??? :? :roll: :D

Rey-Ben.jpg

Watched it again you could be right! You can hear Ben speaking to her. He could be her grandfather or uncle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom