toyreciklr05

apack7229

Sith Lord
Bought a nice flat fett cardback for about $22 including shipping off this guy about a week ago and got it in yesterday. He shipped it to me in a bubble mailer with a single piece of flimsy cardboard. I messaged him about the packaging and asked for a partial refund for the damages.

He sent me back:

"As far as improper packaging thats a matter of opinion as i have sold many a cardbacks and have never had any problems or complaints. I will take your word about the damage occurring in transit. Since I didn't state in the auction that I am not responsible for lost or damaged shipping I am happy to give you a partial refund. The item sold for £3.28 so I think a £1, which is 1/4 of the final value, is an appropriate amount."

Here's what it looked like before he sent it:
s-l500.jpg

And here's what it looked like when I opened it:
kl.JPG

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Sickener.

Standard rule of thumb, when you buy ANYTHING SW related, message the buyer and tell them exactly how you want it packaged. Don't just say "please wrap it well" etc, cos some people think a jiffy bag is "well wrapped". Sadly you may still get a lazy tosser who sends your item with FA protection but at least you have your email/eBay message as proof you told him how to pack it. Not that eBay are ever shy in siding with a buyer anyway.
You could prob get a full refund if you claim 'not as described'. Though others have more experience of claiming than me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom