Get holik2014 On Your Block Lists! (Update)

indianawars

Sith Lord
So this guy bought two separate listings from me that I had for sale (Some used props from propstore) The first lot was delivered to them last week and a case was opened against me (item not as described). Viewing the pictures he had uploaded there was a dent in the frame on the item. Not wanting the hassle, and plus I needed my PayPal account to be freed up because of some items I had to pay for, I offered £45 refund, which they accepted. Today, the second item was delivered to them... and surprise, surprise, this item was also damaged! The reason?.. a scuff mark on the frame. I've reported this buyer to eBay and hopefully they can see this guy is a real scammer. The really annoying part is they live in America, so accepting any returns from that side on the pond is a pain. Sadly, because of this I have now changed all my listing not to include overseas orders anymore. I simply cannot take the chance anymore :(

indianawars

Sith Lord
So a quick update for everyone.
After accepting the return of the item, I received this message.

Untitled.png

I called eBay straight away and told them, 'this guy is a scam artist plan and simple.' Only for them to tell me that I had to call eBay in America. I asked why, 'because it was sent there.' I then asked them why did I have to pay the return postage all the way from America? Their response, 'because it was received damaged and that's why you have to pay them the return postage!'

Not being happy with this I decide to speak to someone different on eBay chat... guess what?... they told me to speak with eBay in America. So I stayed up last night to speak with eBay in America, and they told me....... I need to speak with eBay UK because that's where the item was sent and I was located.

So I have now refunded this scam artist £35 in a partial refund (which I figured that's the price I would of had to pay him in return postage anyway).

So that's it gentlemen, I'm done now. This has been final straw for me. I'm tired of being scammed and walking away the loser.
I enjoy the hobby, but hate the majority of the people it has attracted. So sadly, I'm going offline :(
Best of luck gentlemen.

Lindo

Sith Lord
understand your frustration mate it pisses me off also, I had a guy from Poland try the same thing, I sold him a graded mini rig and he said it had a whacking great crack in the case so he sent a pic and i **** you not it was about a cm long, told him to send it back and heard nothing else from him, don't do nothing rash and quit everything though, just deal with people in the UK and nowhere else, not even Europe, then if you do have a problem it is £8 return postage.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
So sorry to hear that mate. Bloody bastard. Thats why I only ever deal in the UK I have it written in massive letters UK only please but still get idiots asking to post outside the UK and best offers can't they read or something.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Easier to just bin ebay, far far too many scammers on there and ebay don't given even half a **** about sellers.

As for people not reading auction listings, i'd say over half the people on Ebay just look at the price and the picture. The description may as well be written in Greek for all the difference it makes to them. That's also to blame for a lot of problems with sales on Ebay. "I didn't know it had XYZ wrong with it." Even though it is clearly stated in the listing title and twice in the description. :roll: Rather than Ebay saying "well mr buyer that's your fault for not reading the description" they just side with the buyer and the seller has to accept a return.

Ebay have an amazing ability to **** up what should be a gold mine. If you tried to **** things up you would still do better than they do.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
indianawars said:
So a quick update for everyone.
After accepting the return of the item, I received this message.

Untitled.png

I called eBay straight away and told them, 'this guy is a scam artist plan and simple.' Only for them to tell me that I had to call eBay in America. I asked why, 'because it was sent there.' I then asked them why did I have to pay the return postage all the way from America? Their response, 'because it was received damaged and that's why you have to pay them the return postage!'

Not being happy with this I decide to speak to someone different on eBay chat... guess what?... they told me to speak with eBay in America. So I stayed up last night to speak with eBay in America, and they told me....... I need to speak with eBay UK because that's where the item was sent and I was located.

So I have now refunded this scam artist £35 in a partial refund (which I figured that's the price I would of had to pay him in return postage anyway).

So that's it gentlemen, I'm done now. This has been final straw for me. I'm tired of being scammed and walking away the loser.
I enjoy the hobby, but hate the majority of the people it has attracted. So sadly, I'm going offline :(
Best of luck gentlemen.

I have heard this about ebay many times over the years, but if we don't use ebay, how can we collect?
I am certainly not using Facebook, and the good old toy/si fi fairs are a thing of the past (such a shame in my opinion where you feel and touch what you were buying) so the only option is here where I feel that I can trust people. :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom