Another seller to block on eBay.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Purchased some 5 small figures from eBay. Postage was over £5 put me off a bit but though ok have won at starting price so will over look it. A day or so later they were marked as dispatched and another figure came up. Put a best offer on and they accepted it but the postage was £2.80 for a stormtrooper again a little high and was annoyed that would have to pay for 2 lots of postage. But when the large package arrived they had added the Stormtrooper in with them. They sent them in a envelope in a bit of bubble rap so not the best packaging and the postage said 3.35. So asked if they would do a partial refund especially since had paid for 2 lots of postage for 1 parcel and here is the reply:

Honestly why do some sellers have to so greedy wouldn't dream of charging that sort of money for small items. Yes its annoying when you sell things for a small amount but thats the luck of the game have sold items for 99p starting price but don't try to get more money by overcharging on postage.

He has apologized and sent a partial refund.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Open up case against him and you'll get a partial refund.

This is a real bug bear of mine too :x

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Don't see the problem here? He sent the refund on being asked didn't he? Even apologised for overcharging? Not sure I'd block him.

And to be fair, if postage was high to begin with you could have asked him up-front to reduce the charge. If anything this has worked in your favour: the high postage charge WOULD have put other bidders off, you've achieved a refund after the event and so probably got them cheaper than you would have done had the postage cost been correctly listed at the time.

mumbo

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Don't see the problem here? He sent the refund on being asked didn't he? Even apologised for overcharging? Not sure I'd block him.

And to be fair, if postage was high to begin with you could have asked him up-front to reduce the charge. If anything this has worked in your favour: the high postage charge WOULD have put other bidders off, you've achieved a refund after the event and so probably got them cheaper than you would have done had the postage cost been correctly listed at the time.

The original post has been edited to confirm a refund has been issued, the sellers initial response was basically '**** off'.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
mumbo said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

The original post has been edited to confirm a refund has been issued, the sellers initial response was basically '**** off'.

Ah, OK. Well that's just rude and, in short, what a twat.

Would have helped to leave it up, though so this thread makes a little more sense :D

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
@ScruffyLookingNH,

Yer sorry about that. Can send you the original responses if you want to see them they were not very nice at all.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
No, that's OK mate, I'll take your word for it. But post up his username for posterity. And so I can add the throbber to the list!

Lindo

Sith Lord
What you do need to keep in mind though is that ebay charge 10% on postage and PayPal charge also, also packaging isn't free and then there the trip to the post office, people see the postage cost of 3.30 and think that's it but it isn't by a long shot

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree with Lindo here as well, although this seller messed up by combining postage when he had already marked the first package as dispatched. So they have blown their foot of and that is the main issue here.

But also you have to remember that it's not always collectors selling to collectors especially on eBay. So when a seller who has a part of there business on eBay they are going to cover all the costs through postage. It's not as if the postage cost is kept secret until after you have won the item and then bang they make it up.

To be honest I think it's a bit harsh the stick the seller is getting here, but still I can't defend the seller for the fact they lied about dispatching the item and then combined postage when they shouldn't have.

Lindo

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
I agree with Linda here as well, although this seller messed up by combining postage when he had already marked the first package as dispatched. So they have blown their foot of and that is the main issue here.

But also you have to remember that it's not always collectors selling to collectors especially on eBay. So when a seller who has a part of there business on eBay they are going to cover all the costs through postage. It's not as if the postage cost is kept secret until after you have won the item and then bang they make it up.

To be honest I think it's a bit harsh the stick the seller is getting here, but still I can't defend the seller for the fact they lied about dispatching the item and then combined postage when they shouldn't have.

Who the **** is Linda :p

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Lindo said:
theforceuk said:
I agree with Linda here as well, although this seller messed up by combining postage when he had already marked the first package as dispatched. So they have blown their foot of and that is the main issue here.

Who the **** is Linda :p

Very sorry Lindo, it was automatic correction on the iPad. Really not intentional or my fault.

Lindo

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
Trust me if you had seen the messages they weren't very nice at all.
yeh i understand mate, theres no need for a seller to be rude, but I have had issues in the past with people saying I had over charged postage, people do not realise that the cost isn't just whats printed on the postage label.

Richard_H

Grand Master
I was once charged £10 on ebay for postage. The seller tried to claim a parking ticket for parking in the town to get to the post office - ebay refunded immediately. If postage is £3.50 then I would pay another £2 max for materials. Anything beyond that then I'd be looking for something special packaging wise.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
I don't mind paying a little bit more then the postage stamp but when its over kill thats what really annoys me. Once charged 2.80 for a small poster that was sent as a small letter asked for a partial refund nothing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom