carded fake vinyl cape jawa

JB007

Youngling
This is being sold as a genuine when it is NOT!
Here's a vinyl cape jawa up for sale on ebay, Stephen at UKG says it def a fake, fake card, fake cape and fake seal.

you can see edge of card has been made to look like its worn too.! Woolworth sticker added to make it seem genuine! currently going for £1000

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172220397588?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

seller is littledreamstoyshop (119)

he has other SW forsale maybe his pictures have fake signatures?

Aubin Rabia
20 Little John Walk
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG34QJ
United Kingdom

Phone:07958589633

Email:p[email protected]

itfciain

Grand Master
This is the same guy that was messing around the the three pack - obviously something dodgy going on

monkeyboy

Padawan
Nice touch with the Woolworths sticker, but I'm fairly sure woolies wouldn't have sold Kenner12 backs?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
The seal looks all wrong too. The waffle isn't fine enough at all. This guy (or whoever made this) went to a lot of trouble aging the card and even the bubble. So many warning signs, yet it's on £1800 and counting :(

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Someone's going to get done, unless auction gets pulled. Anyone remember how much the first 12 were in the UK origionaly?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Still running, I find this sort of thing one of the most annoying in the hobby.

Repro bubble and card, also the gun never came in the hand always taped to bubble.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Sent the seller a message:

Hi there,
I hope you are aware that this is 100% fake. The card and bubble are fake- you can even see where the glue has dissolved the ink at the top of the bubble. The 'waffle' pattern on the seal is nowhere near fine enough. The fake cardback and bubble have clearly been 'aged' artificially. If i was you, I would get in touch with UK Graders http://ukgraders.co.uk/ and ask their opinion before letting someone pay thousands and find out later that they have been ripped off. The buyer will not be happy to say the least!
Kind regards.

I'll post his response if/when he replies...

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Just heard back...

Hi there thank you for your kind information. I paid a small fortune for this item so will see what it makes. I offer full refunds.

Regards

Sent this reply:

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid you were had. Knowingly letting this happen to someone else is seriously bad news. As I said before, it would be prudent to get in touch with UKG, who will give you a definitive, expert answer. Then you will have the ammo to take up the case with whoever you bought it from.

monkeyboy

Padawan
Cazza said:
Just heard back...

Hi there thank you for your kind information. I paid a small fortune for this item so will see what it makes. I offer full refunds.

In other words, I thought so however I'm going to see if the buyer realises and asks for a refund, here's hoping he doesn't.

On a seperate note, who drops 3 grand on a figure without doing some basic research? Insane.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Sellers talking nonsense IMO. Completely knows what's he's doing.

Another classic eBay story!

decipher28

Padawan
Been watching this horror show unfold.kept on seeing the price increase steadily and thought somebodys going to be shafted here.Sometimes the buyers bring it on themselves for not doing the research before hand,but also the seller is a tool for thinking it is legit or does he really know its fake and is trying to pull a fast one.

Both parties are at fault here.

Joss

Padawan
The vc is the last one of the basic loose set I need, but I'm so reluctant to purchase one for the fear that it will be a fake.
Apart from the obvious items I've seen are the other signs to indicate an original.

yoda

Sith Lord
I'm not even up to speed on these cardbacks but that one clearly doesn't look right :roll:

Jimmyvillafan

Having absolute terrible trouble with this Aubia Rubin guy on eBay. Some serious abuse and threatening behaviour from him little piece of ****

http://m.nottinghampost.com/aubin-18-aims-bewitch-publishers-novel/story-28656722-detail/story.html

Here he is little dick head key board warrior living with his mammy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom