cee76bee...New seller on here...

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Hi

If mods don't think this post is ok, feel free to remove it.

I paid for a Tri logo Ewok village box on the 8th of January. Never received it.

Seller stated that it was posted on the 12th, than said it was posted, last post on Sat 16th. As i say, never received it, despite receiving other items from reputable sellers on here from the UK since then.

Sellers name is Caleb, uses email [email protected]

Completely ignoring pm's, emails and paypal case now.

Disappointing really

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Seller never sent this item, despite claims that he had posted it twice. Once even claiming that it had been sent on a Saturday afternoon "just missed last post mate so will be with you soon"... :roll:

Seller
:

Caleb Bailey
[email protected]

Here's a couple of pictures in case it resurfaces again! Tri logo Ewok village box.
IMG_20160203_213358.jpg

IMG_20160203_213414.jpg

PayPal settled claim yesterday after seller refused to respond to Dispute. Failed to respond to any email, pm's etc....

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Sad to see sellers ****ing about. Not much we can do about it though.
Glad you got your money back.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I have a feeling this is more than a seller ****ing about. I have a strong feeling that some lowlife here backdoored you for it. I'd also be willing to bet the same happened for the other boxes that never arrived.

Wonder if Edd a) has the ability to check PM's and b) would be willing to. I appreciate this is a controversial thing to ask but in this case (dishonest seller) who should be banned I believe it is in the interest of the forum and it's member to know if this happened and who the guilty party or parties are.

itfciain

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
I have a feeling this is more than a seller ****ing about. I have a strong feeling that some lowlife here backdoored you for it. I'd also be willing to bet the same happened for the other boxes that never arrived.

Wonder if Edd a) has the ability to check PM's and b) would be willing to. I appreciate this is a controversial thing to ask but in this case (dishonest seller) who should be banned I believe it is in the interest of the forum and it's member to know if this happened and who the guilty party or parties are.

Interesting - and would make sense. Never sure why people do that though - they will always know that they got it unfairly and to be honest will probably never be able to limelight it without the fear of it being recognised

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:

To be perfectly honest, I suspect that this is exactly what happened :(
There is not much else really to explain why he sent out most of the other stuff in the end, but didn't post this?

He never once queried me never receiving the item, which i took to believe that it was never posted!
You would be a bit more vocal in the PayPal dispute if you have genuinely sent something.

Disappointing really, as this was going to be the centre piece of a little Endor display I was planning on putting together :(

It's actually left such a sour taste in my mouth, I'm switching display focus....!!

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Never received my box too. No messages from the seller as to why, complete silence. Thank **** it wasn't an MOC over £100 or something of that ilk. One question guys. Jeff has had his refund from paypal, where did that money come from? From the sellers own paypal account or from paypal themselves? I've got a week before my refund shows up if they continue to be silent.
Certainly a lesson for everyone not to ignore paying that little extra 4% for protection.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Hi guys, although there is no mechanism for me to read PMs through the forum software, I can directly access the database and read PMs. Don't worry I don't make a habit of doing so, but if it helps resolve a problem I can.

I've just had a quick look through all his PMs and can't see any foul play, there are not multiple conversations about the same boxes and comms with all buyers seem pretty good, in fact there is a message telling somebody the boxes are all sold, so looks like it's just a case of taking the money and running I'm afraid. No evidence of back dooring.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's good to know and thanks for taking the time, Edd. Harmony and trust is restored.....apart from towards this particular fool :twisted:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Glad you got your money back Jeff. This was a strange one. He only replied to me and finally sent the box when I emailed his Paypal address. Turned out that the email was his wife's, and she obviously didn't appreciate being involved.

I reckon it may simply be a case of laziness. He's probably been busy (aren't we all) and simply couldn't be arsed to find a box big enough and get it sent. He probably still has the unsent boxes at home or has chucked them in the bin...

aussiejames

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Hi guys, although there is no mechanism for me to read PMs through the forum software, I can directly access the database and read PMs. Don't worry I don't make a habit of doing so, but if it helps resolve a problem I can.

I've just had a quick look through all his PMs and can't see any foul play, there are not multiple conversations about the same boxes and comms with all buyers seem pretty good, in fact there is a message telling somebody the boxes are all sold, so looks like it's just a case of taking the money and running I'm afraid. No evidence of back dooring.

:shock: :shock: I had no idea private messages were not private? I can see it being a useful 'tool' for admin to help members. I assume this breach of privacy was a last resort & the member in question was sent messages to warn them. Along the lines of "prove you are not a scamming twat or I will look"

Robstyley

Sith Lord
It's a pain in the arse for sure. Don't let it get you down Jeff, every now and then we fall foul of new people. Trust is built and we know who the good ones are, at least you got you money back. Hey, I'll keep eyes out for a box for ya :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
aussiejames said:
edd_jedi said:

:shock: :shock: I had no idea private messages were not private? I can see it being a useful 'tool' for admin to help members. I assume this breach of privacy was a last resort & the member in question was sent messages to warn them. Along the lines of "prove you are not a scamming twat or I will look"

Just in the same way eBay messages aren't private or indeed any e-mail sent at work using the corporate network (from a work account or a private account, even) aren't private, in the UK at least. Without getting into the legalities of it all, it's all above board and I reckon, in this case at least, justified. I'm sure Edd has much better things to do than poke around people's messages for the hell of it ;)

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Received my refund from paypal 10 minutes ago. I hope they raided the sellers bank account to get that money. Certainly a lesson for everyone dealing with strangers to add 4% on top especially if they turn out to be idiots.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom