Anyone Been To Collectormania??

androjonny

Padawan
Hey guys,

Just wondered if anyone has been to Collectormania before? I think they they have have stalls there, but it looks like it's more geared around comics and anime. The main reason I'd want to go is to obviously buy Star Wars figures. Does anyone think I'd be able to buy some there, or would I be wasting my time? If not, any recommendations on Toy Fairs, or Sci Fi fairs in the UK, preferably near Essex, or London where I'd be able to pick stuff up.

Thanks Jon

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Jon, I'm going to be at Sci-Fi By The Sea on June 21st in Kent - it's in 3rd year of running now and growing into a big event. Vintage SW will be present!

http://baypromoteam.co.uk/sci-fi-by-the-sea/

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
Its good, but there arent that many vintage star war figures for sale. I went to the last one, I think there was a few stands selling them, not loads though. There used to be more available, not as much now.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
i've been a few times, last time there were about 5-10 stalls selling vintage star wars, a couple of those were only selling high end and afa stuff that seemed way overpriced to me.

the best stall was ran by two middle aged blokes who had loads of loose toys and at good prices, they had star wars, he-man, thundercats, ghostbusters, turtles, mask, transformers.

i picked up an ev9d9 with an arm missing for £13 off them which i thought was very reasonable.

that was 2-3 years ago so they may have put there prices up a bit now. said they had a shop up north and were happy to travel around buying peoples collections, keep an eye out for them, very nice chaps and happy to do a deal on more items bought.

I met a few stars there.
checkov - very nice but was old and looked like his mind was somewhere else
krese from karate kid - he was cool had a lot of time to talk
brian toki - the chinese guy from police academy, was a real laugh i chatted to him for ages
corey feldman - was a complete dick
alex winter from bill and ted, nice guy had a good chat with him.

the star wars folk like baker and prowse looked really cheesed off the whole time so i never bothered to meet them.

obiwannacollect

Jedi Knight
Been quite a number of times, great place for autographs and trading cards but not so much vintage star wars stuff. I recall find a emperors royal guard in good condition but the owner of the stall had put their price sticker on the bubble!

Princess Raya

Padawan
So is anyone going to this at the weekend? I don't expect mountains of vintage SW, but I've got a free Saturday and thought it might make for an entertaining day out.

spoons

Grand Master
I've been to the Milton Keynes one a coup of times - not too bad for vintage but as its free you get some very strange people going :lol:

Some of their aromas are an acquired taste :?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I always go, but cant go as my wingman (my lad Sonny) has really bad chicken pox :cry: He is in quite a lot of discomfort and if he cant go, i wont :) He obvioulsy matters more :D

Ive met the following at CM over the years:

Bulloch,Prowse,Mayhew,Kershner,BDW,Bulloch,Logan,Morrison,Park,Baker,Kurtz ,Lawson and loads more SW peeps.

Also met some Predator stars, footballers etc. Its a goid day but the queues can be stressful.

Not too much vintage there, but Darren SZT,s is there and Dave Tree used to be there often. You can find the odd bargain here and there though, but with the sudden surge in autographs and hig end model/statue collecting its quietend down a lot.

Princess Raya

Padawan
spoons said:
I've been to the Milton Keynes one a coup of times - not too bad for vintage but as its free you get some very strange people going :lol:

Some of their aromas are an acquired taste :?

Ta gang. Hope Sonny gets well soon. And if you can't spot the strange people at the event - it's probably you that's the strange one :? At least I'll be sure to put some deodrant on. :lol:

I'll be the guy sleep walking with dark circles under his eyes, pushing a green buggy around if anyone's there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom