NEC Birmingham, Feb 14th - Worth going as a SELLER?

lejackal

Grand Master
Saw Ed today and his table was great, plenty of MOC and tons of lush overstock loosies. Also very fair prices which was nice compared to a lot there! £30 for a loose yellow Wampa and £255 for an AT-AT in a tatty ESB box were two of the ahem, highlights
Met Andy Clarke as well so to quote Ed, the internet cam to life.

Vialli

Padawan
lejackal said:
Saw Ed today and his table was great, plenty of MOC and tons of lush overstock loosies. Also very fair prices which was nice compared to a lot there! £30 for a loose yellow Wampa and £255 for an AT-AT in a tatty ESB box were two of the ahem, highlights
Met Andy Clarke as well so to quote Ed, the internet cam to life.

Yes I'll second that Carl, Ed had a load of great items, really well priced too. I picked up 3 pieces for a great price, really pleased with my purchases.
Thanks very much Ed, was good to meet you. :)

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Glad Ed was there otherwise this would have been a wasted trip. Got some great minty ESB loose. Saw a nice Trilogo Barada but at £325 I thought I'd pass. :shock:

There was a bit of vintage Star Wars there, but as always some people need a reality check and think why they are at these fairs if they have no intention of selling anything. Ed was the only one with sensible prices. I'm afraid toy fairs have had their day, which I am very sad to say!

Nice to meet Ed and Carl.

lejackal

Grand Master
Andyclarke said:
Glad Ed was there otherwise this would have been a wasted trip. Got some great minty ESB loose. Saw a nice Trilogo Barada but at £325 I thought I'd pass. :shock:

There was a bit of vintage Star Wars there, but as always some people need a reality check and think why they are at these fairs if they have no intention of selling anything. Ed was the only one with sensible prices. I'm afraid toy fairs have had their day, which I am very sad to say!

Nice to meet Ed and Carl.
They had that Barada at the last NEC fair in December and I presume every fair they attended in between as well. I could understand if it was AFA85 (wouldn't make it right mind you) but it's just a good condition £80-100 card, so maybe £120-150 on a good day!

Sabreman

Padawan
punk_pat said:
izzyblue said:
Hey Ed, any idea where your table is going to be yet? How are we going to recognise you? Have you still got any of those Han Trenchcoat loose figures left? Cheers, Anthony

Hey Anthony

Yes mate - bringing the Han trenchcoat figures along...

hans_zps9xiqdkpj.jpg

I can't find out where abouts in the hall I will be - doesn't say on the tickets / info I've been sent but I'll be the guy with loads of vintage star wars for sale :D

I've booked two tables so should hopefully be pretty easy to find. There will be no trains, teddy bears or those creepy looking real life dolls on my stall :lol:

I'm doing it with my mate who originally bought a Luke X-wing outfit to come to the fair in but is now too embarassed to wear it lol.

Look forward to meeting you there!

Ed

Were you the guy also selling the ugnaughts ? I think you were I recognise those Han Trenchcoats, I bought one of the Ugnaghts I'm very happy with him nice one. I intended to return to your stall but spent up long before I got chance to return.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Quite an interesting day overall.
There was a fair bit of vintage dotted around with MOC and lots of loose.
This was my first time at the NEC and was a bit surprised at some of the prices for loose figures, some of which weren't in great condition.
Right on with the prices of some stuff was ridiculous.
I'm quite new to buying vintage stuff and have a lot to learn but still can't part with my cash that easily.
I was after some Leia moc but couldn't pay some the prices asked.

I think that my biggest surprise was the amount of fake Lego figures for sale.
I had no idea about this and no doubt others don't.
One guy had 3 Boba Fett's on his stall for a fiver each. I went back later in the day to find he had one left. Looked at it and he told me that it was now £7 cus it was harder to find.

Hope you had a good day, Ed. I was tempted with one of the mailers, but just came away with a mint Dengar I found on another stall for £1.

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
I am pleased to report it WAS worth going as a seller!

Thanks to everyone who came along and said hello. Great to meet all of you - I think at one point there was about 6 SWFUK'ers around the table. Good to put faces to names and have a chat with everyone. Managed to get a few quid out of most of you as well which was appreciated :wink:

First time selling at the NEC / first fair I've done in about 7 years. Between 7am and 930am, absolute carnage with other dealers swooping down. Did most of my deals in that time and a good bit of banter and haggling. 1030 - 3 fairly steady away but managed to sell stuff throughout the day.

Will certainly be aiming to do another one this year. If I do, will be bringing a packed lunch - £20 for 2 crappy pasties and coffees - outrageous!

Yes that was me with the Ugnaughts - they were the best seller of the day :lol:

Cheers guys

Ed

sith-smith

Grand Master
Andyclarke said:
I'm afraid toy fairs have had their day, which I am very sad to say!

I'd like to think that's not true, but fairs and collectors shops did start to die out when the internet became an ever more powerful tool for selling.

Memorabilia and the Cheshunt fair were the two I always went to and were great in their time.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
There's still bargains out there at the fairs - you just have to look harder these days.

There is LOADS of over priced rubbish though, and dealers with questionable knowledge and prices. NEC has picked up again, it was terrible a few years ago.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom