Ricky's(aka Shaky) (UPDATED) Small but ever growing vintage Collection!

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
So a few of you who know me or have read the few posts I've written last year will know I started collecting in the summer last year and starred out with a loose run. It was meant to start off with the first 12 and carry on right up untill the last 17 but I simply found it a struggle and financially it was never going to happen so I changed my focus to collecting just the first 21. I've now just finished that and have moved onto a couple of other focuses.
First one is to collect some Mocs, not just any but certain ones I like. Also the cheaper end so I'm looking at the more "beaten up ", few sticker marks, creases or cracks to bubbles. I like to call them " cards with history and charater!"
Well this all started with Iain Sanderson who had a bit of a beaten up Rees Yees, although it's bubble was intact and as clear as I've seen on a moc. This Rees has alot to answer for as over the last 3 -4 months I've gain a nice little collection, mainly broughy through Iain again who has looked after me well with some good Mocs at good prices . I've meet neil through Iain too and managed to prize a few Mocs off him too. Then a few more off the forum sales thread with Andy Clarke supplying me with a Zuckuss and my much desired Chewie. Then as I dreamt of owning a Star Wars 20/21 back just b4 the Xmas holidays Iain ( that bloke keeps popping up don't he!) again on the forums sale thread had put up a R5 21 back .... Well that was it. A quick panic as I logged in and tapped away on the I phone ( other good devices readily available!) I managed to message him and then the wait..... Well after 5 minutes it came back the words I was hoping " there all yours " .. Yes I had done it, I actually had a Star Wars carded figure heading my way and along with a nice ROTJ Jawa. I will include a couple of pictures of these 2 purchases along with my current collection . I hope I haven't bored any of yeh but as u can tell I'm ready bloody excited and just wanted to say thanks to the forum. I don't really post much but I've found through using it , there's so much super information and made some good contacts and some super friends along the way. I have to give a good shout out to the Rebellion podcast crew who I think are ace with there witty banter and info and interviews .
I hope I'll be posting again with my loose 21 run but waiting on the arrival of the Oragana blaster so when it arrives I will do. Thanks to all those who have helped and I'll speak soon!
Cheers ⚒

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 484
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 482

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
That's forming the start of a nice little collection there. But don't neglect the loose figures. Let's see a group shot of them all together.

You seem to have learnt a bit of a lesson since starting, and that is patience is the key in this hobby. you are clearly enjoying it which is great. And no one gets bored of seeing and hearing about other collections.

Next thing for you is to get yourself to the next farthest from. You won't regret it.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
You're off to a great start there mate 8)

You nipped in there just before me for the R5 :cry: Let me know if you ever decide to sell ;)

grinchy

Sith Lord
Your off to a great start on the moc front, i to like the cards with a bit of history to them, i'm sticking to the cheaper jedi cards myself, love that jawa card, very cool

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Thanks for the kind words lads. I'll be posting up my newly completed Loose 21 run. This forum is great and love spending an hour or 2 just gazing at all this Glorious Vintage !
Any way , I'll be posting soon as I say
Thanks,
Shaky ⚒

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
So here is my first 12 loose on my newly purchased (bargin) display stand . I've got to display my other 9 loose figures but for now a picture and plus a small picture of my display area ( look it's small I know but it's a start!)
Any way a few pictures of my recent moc collection too.
Some very much loved pieces here and I'll admit I've got " the bug" just not "the cash!" :D
Anyway enjoy,
Ricky aka Shaky⚒

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    422.5 KB · Views: 403
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 401
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 403

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
My latest additions to what is now my new focus (just don't tell LXW ).
The 2 loose figures are 1977&78 coo's
Ricky ⚒

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 372
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom