Collection finally on display

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Been through many phases of collecting in the past few years, the loose figure set phase followed by the anything and everything phase, then MOC followed by the fiscally responsible opened card set and the Yoda focus and happy to say I'm finally content with what I have.

Finished the display frame for the opened set today and got it hung so here's my office/studio, only other thing I wanted was the full Ralph McQuarrie portfolio sets which I managed to complete about a month ago, absolutely love them, such a remarkably talented gentleman.

20150620_194736_zpsib2zr5mu.jpg

20150620_204123_zpsbnm7xupy.jpg

20150620_170851_zps6pwgqo0o.jpg

20150620_1310591_zps9ujedycw.jpg

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Looks the nuts Ryan & what a good feeling it is when one can look at the collecting & feel it's right for you, as you know I love the loose figure display you made, it really does look a million dollars mate, I have those portfolios as well, his work is outstanding, wish there were space in the hose to get them all framed & on the walls to do them justice, almost seems criminal having all that amazing artwork just stuck in a cardboard sleeve on a shelf.

sith-smith

Grand Master
That's a fantastic set up. 8)

I hope one day soon I'll be in the same position and can have my collection on display again!

TwistedMetal

Sith Lord
Hey Ryan looks the dogs mate :) in the future is like a complete loose collection like yours and the lighting looks great!

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Thanks fellas, I've finally got it how I want it so I'm content with it. Would idealy like to add a Harbert and a full sized meccano but with current prices I can't see it happening anytime soon.

Frank I wholeheartedly agree in regards to the RM portfolios mate. It's almost a crime to keep all those prints hidden away but they're just so difficult to display.

Gary I'd hate to think of the room you'd need to display your collection bud. Maybe just a nice display cabinet and rotate items from storage from time to time.

Thanks again for the nice words guys, much appreciated.

Joe

Grand Master
Collection room looks great Ryan, display is perfect. I love your cabinet, thanks for sharing the build a while ago, I need to look that up again!

When it's displayed properly, less is definitely more. Can't stand cluttered display rooms that just look like a spare room full of junk.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Holy cow, that is an awesome display. The loose figures are awesome but the carded display is just phenomenal. Congratulations on a great collection and an awesome display.

Love those McQuarrie portfolios. Had a few go through my hands when I was trading my way through University in the mid 90s. Kept one back of each but when the time came to rent a place after Uni I had a big clear out. I bet they don't cost the £20 you used to pick them up for now. Off to ebay to find out...... :D

Simon

Palifan

Sith Lord
Looks fantastic Ryan, such a great collection superbly displayed! :D

So how did you end up attaching those card backs?

Thanks for sharing all your hard efforts, always a joy to see something like this.

Ian

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Thanks fellas,

Ian here's the method I used for attached the cards to the backing board, so far so good they've held up well.

20150614_235047_zpsmcidjqgk.jpg

20150614_235220_zpssjklzkjd.jpg

20150614_235231_zpspolvqy6q.jpg

20150615_001247_zpsvkcyxyth.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom