World's largest grouping of pre production material..

Joe

Grand Master
..for the shittiest figure ever made :lol: :lol:

I think most have seen it all by now but I have now sold a few pieces of this run so before I shipped them off to their new owners I snapped a quick picture of it all. I can't be sure but I doubt anyone will attempt to put an 8D8 run together after I throw the towel in so this was just done to show them all in the same place for possibly the last time.

img_1192.jpg

As many know, I shifted from production to pre production a few years ago and it's not an easy thing to do at all but it is very rewarding in the long run if you have the patience. I think it took about 4-5 years to get as far as I did and it would probably take another 10 or more to actually put together a more comprehensive run because so many of the more interesting items are locked up.

I met a lot of extremely cool people along the way while I was putting the above together, a couple of them helped me enormously in order to secure certain pieces which really spurred me on to keep going. Without their help I would probably still only have 2-3 pieces with little hope of ever adding anything else. Huge thanks to them - they know who they are!

Edit: Added another old group shot of the 2D stuff and a close up of my personal favourite, the POTF proof:

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_20160320_200540.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
Brilliant Joe

Great to see the shot of it all together

Your love and devotion to what is probably one of the most pointless vintage Star Wars figures ever made is fantastic. To get your hands on all of those pre-production pieces is simply an amazing feat in itself - with these things being so popular these days then getting long term collectors to part with them takes a lot of time and effort.

Sorry to see that it is being broken up but understand your reasons.

Joe

Grand Master
Thanks guys! I do appreciate your comments! I'm attempting to take a step back from collecting until I sort out a few things out but hopefully I will return at some point. I haven't completely sold up though and hope I can hold on to a few special pieces.

Slim- yes of course I can, sorry:

Top shelf: POTF Proof & ROTJ Cromalin
Middle shelf: Common and uncut 77 + 79 back proof cards
Bottom shelf: Euro/Palitoy sample & Kenner bagged sample

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Agree with AJ...sad to know they are not together anymore! :(

Okay...maybe it was too much ugliness in one place!... :lol:

Anyway...I hope you can keep the best piece(s) forever.

And great run you have put together there.....didn't know it was so much :shock:

Best my friend

Wolff

Joe

Grand Master
Thanks guys! Not to worry, it's not all gone and maybe Oli will send me his protomould for Christmas to cheer me up :lol:

I'll be back!

Vin3po

Jedi Knight
Joe that was one sweet run. I have always Liked the 8D8 Moc and figure myself.

I also nearly contacted you as was interested in one of your proofs you had up but had to stop myself as I have to much on hold and cant afford everything 3po related I want never mind white skinny :lol:

Its a Shame you had to sell a few of your pieces , but hey I done it before and my run is much better than it ever was. So hopefully you get back on the run at some point.

Cheers

Vince

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
aussiejames said:
It's sad to see the white skinny droid collection being split up :cry:

Seconded.

You gonna start focusing on a more interesting figure? Power Droid for instance? :wink:

Joe

Grand Master
weasel said:
aussiejames said:
It's sad to see the white skinny droid collection being split up :cry:

Seconded.

You gonna start focusing on a more interesting figure? Power Droid for instance? :wink:

Frank, Liam AND Bram have it covered mate haha! :lol:

.Q.

Jedi Master
Stonking pics of 8D8 finery, a mighty run indeed. All the best for your future collecting goals buddy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom