Darth Vader Tie Fighter Spring Wing Repairs

lejackal

Grand Master
Has anyone repaired/replaced the spring mechanism on a DV Tie or indeed any vintage Tie as I assume its the same process?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Carl

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have done it on some tie interceptors, but it is the same as on the other vehicles.

What do you need to know ?

lejackal

Grand Master
I've bought one that states in the description the wings do not stay in place because of the springs so I assume its the release mechanism but I don't have it in hand yet. It might be better if I wait untill I have it here before guessing I just thought I'd ask for any advice or a general guide in advance.

Thanks for getting back to me though Lars :)

threaders20

Jedi Knight
I've repaired one. A bit fiddly but no big deal. Just be very carefull taking apart the main body as the wiring can be tricky to put back in place. From memory the wing mechanism has a spring and the eject button, which floats unattached so will come loose when your taking it apart my eject button had a tiny bit snapped of the side which meant it wouldn't fit in the slots properly. Chances are that if anything has broken with the wing mechanism, the bit could be still floating about inside so keep your eyes peeled :)

lejackal

Grand Master
Cheers dude, the last time I took apart an intercepter I was about 8 or 9, it went badly and I ended up with just the wings :oops:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
lejackal said:
I've bought one that states in the description the wings do not stay in place because of the springs so I assume its the release mechanism but I don't have it in hand yet. It might be better if I wait untill I have it here before guessing I just thought I'd ask for any advice or a general guide in advance.

Thanks for getting back to me though Lars :)

Let me know when you get it, the part that keep the spring mechanism could be broken, I have replaced them on some interceptors to get a complete one. It is not easy to repair it 4 hands is better than 2 but I have done it 5 or 10 times with 2 hands it just take more time to do it with 2 hands.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom