Yak Face Figure, COO reference guide NEW UPDATES: 25/05/16

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Yak Face, COO reference guide:

Yak face_zpsu3irkafu.jpg

I, decided to help Jeff. So here is another one of my many guides. One of many figures I did not have as a kid. But also a figure that I wanted a lot.
Yak Face is one of many cool figures from jabba's palace.

If anyone has any other variants to add, please feel free to update the reference guide. All help appreciated.

I also do not have any Yak Face Moc yet. So I will show my only cardback of him.

Yak Face can be found on Tri-logo card and on POTF card.

Yak Face 11_zps9ifyx2pz.jpg

Yak Face 12_zpsyfb2etud.jpg

You could find a Yak Face Silver Coin on the POTF card, but I also still miss that one :(

For many years I thought there was only one variant of Yak Face :shock:

No COO: As with any, no COO on the legs.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have seen a White and a Pink Face Yak Face, so I hope some of you can help with pictures if you have one :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Accessories:

Skiff Vibro Staff

Yak Face 18_zpsi50nakh0.jpg

Only found on the POTF card :D

I have heard the Tri-logo can be found with no weapons, but also some with black palace blaster and some with blue bespin blaster.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Wheres Pete when you need him eh, FYI Lar's there is only one coo as far as I am aware for the Yak, so this maybe a short guide buddy.

Hi Frank, yes where is pete :lol: I got the chance to look at more than 10 yaks this weekend when I was looking at variants with a friend, but no new coo. So maybe you are correct short coo guide. But there should be room for moc, baggies and variants :D

Maybe you can help :wink:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
2 known baggies lars, a palitoy-i & a POTF kenner one, but IMO the kenner one is questionable, not heard of any MOC's coming with blasters, but would be interesting to see, you may want to shoot Gary (sithsmith) a pm as he has a yak tri logo miss card I believe

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
2 known baggies lars, a palitoy-i & a POTF kenner one, but IMO the kenner one is questionable, not heard of any MOC's coming with blasters, but would be interesting to see, you may want to shoot Gary (sithsmith) a pm as he has a yak tri logo miss card I believe

Thanks Frank, can you help with any of the baggies, pictures and info could be great :D You are welcome to make a post about it in the thread. I can use all the help I can get :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
walkie said:
There are also known MOC examples packed with a tusken gaffi stick.

Cool, I have never seen any with a tusken gaffi stick or heard about it before, do you have one moc ? :D

Frunkstar

Grand Master
http://theswca.com/images-speci/baggiefeature/Bagged%20Figure%20Pics/84.JPG

Questionable POTF Yak face on the SWCA, no pic of the Palitoy yak baggie as all Del's photos went with the going of the SWCC forum sadly

Gary's miss card on this thread -

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16977

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Dublinjeff said:
Another nice addition Lars :D Keep up the good work.

Great to have so many Last 17 figures documented!

Added to the Reference Guide Index....

Thanks Jeff for the kind words :D and thanks for add it to the index :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
http://theswca.com/images-speci/baggiefeature/Bagged%20Figure%20Pics/84.JPG

Questionable POTF Yak face on the SWCA, no pic of the Palitoy yak baggie as all Del's photos went with the going of the SWCC forum sadly

Gary's miss card on this thread -

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16977

Thanks Frank, it helps a lot :D But you are the baggie King, do you not have a Yak in baggie ? :shock:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
No COO figure 3:

Yesterday I found this one in childhood collection. To my big surprise it was a 3rd variant :shock:

But with the same no coo

Yak Face 26a_zpsg5hhucsj.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
and here is a new picture of the 3 Yak Faces compared.

From left Light Brown face, Very Light Brown Face and Pale Face.

Also the blue arms and legs is different on them.

P1130532_zpsacttsmio.jpg

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Pomse2001 said:

P1130532_zpsacttsmio.jpg

If the COO stamp is identical and the molding is identical, I think you have to be careful about calling them variants. Subtle differences in colouration is just normal for vintage figures and can be attributed to how they've been stored and how many photons of UV they've soaked up over the decades.

The info about the accessories is great though, of course you have the coin / no coin Yak but I didn't know you had one with a Tusken Raider stick!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Pomse2001 said:

P1130532_zpsacttsmio.jpg

If the COO stamp is identical and the molding is identical, I think you have to be careful about calling them variants. Subtle differences in colouration is just normal for vintage figures and can be attributed to how they've been stored and how many photons of UV they've soaked up over the decades.

The info about the accessories is great though, of course you have the coin / no coin Yak but I didn't know you had one with a Tusken Raider stick!

So far I am still looking at the coo, I need more time with them. They are very identical but something does a little bit looks different, but as I said I need more time with that before I am sure. I have only looked after the big and easy differences, there could be more that I have not found yet.

Yes I agree it could be because of age, but then again it could be a diffent paint and plastic colour, I just try to have and open mind on this.

It could be cool if others would add pictures of the Yak Faces they have so we could talk, share and debate more about this awesome figure :D I am sure I am not the only one who have a Yak Face on the forum :D so come out of the closet :wink:

I remember a debate here some years ago http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3858-yak-face-white-head

No I do not have a Yak Face Coin yet, if you have one. Then please add it to the thread :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom