Help with fixing the rotating gun on a Kenner Y-Wing

cking

Hi there,

I'm a newbie here but not a newbie when it comes to my love of the original Star Wars trilogy and all the vintage toys. I was 4 years old when Star Wars was released and I love it as much now as I did when I was a kid.

I've got many of my original Palitoy and Kenner figures and vehicles but have been replacing ones which were no longer working. Recently, I got a Kenner Y-Wing in fantastic condition. The contacts in the battery compartment are absolutely pristine and the sound works great but the gun doesn't rotate. I can hear something rattling around inside the ship and I'm wondering if it's something that the "cog" which the gun snaps onto should be connected to.

Can anyone who's unscrewed a Y-Wing confirm if it's an easy job to replace the gun rotating mechanism?

Thanks in advance for any help / advice.

Chris

cking

It's awful quiet in there. Hopefully someone will see this topic and be able to give some advice / guidance. I'll keep checking in.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I had the same problem a couple of months ago. I just hold the button down for 1 min and then the sound came back.

I am not sure about if it is rotating, I will look into it :?

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Ha! I rem many years ago picking up a loose Y-Wing and having the same problem, got the sound but no oscillating movement.
What u have to do is actually take the ship apart. I rem steaming off the decals first because the ship comes apart horizontally ie cross sectionally so u end up with two parts bottom and top if that makes sense :roll:
From memory there is a white cog and a little arm that I had to reattach to the cog(like the wheels of a train) which is the mechanism that creates the oscillating movement of the gun. There was nothing broken inside, just the arm had become detached from the cog etc. Once u get inside and see the workings I am sure it will b self explanatory to fix.

Everything fitted back together fine btw so one couldn't tell that the ship had been taken apart.

Hope you have success :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom