mould dust removable

poncho

Grand Master
have a moc nothing special it has mould dust on the on the backer card behind the bubble. no quick fix i assume? sunlight maybe?

any thoughts

cheers

chris

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
For crystallising on the figure yes, for mould dust on the card, not so sure...

Someone who is knowledgeable might know, otherwise good luck with this one.

x-pack

Grand Master
Seems odd if the bubble is sealed :? If it is really bad, and this won't be popular, but If it wasn't rare I might be tempted to try and lift the bubble on one side and then reseal it once the mold is cleaned off.

If it's just a tiny bit then a few days out in strong sun might clear it. But if it's a lot then you either leave it or try and get in there. One could argue that the mold will potentially damage the card further if left.

All depends on the card and the damage I guess. Got any photos?

poncho

Grand Master
bubble has as small crack and thats where crap over the years has come in so im assuming it wasnt kept well looks like its been lying in cupboard for years was bought from a none collector. im just gonna leave it i think its not as though its gonna get any more crap in as now as its looked after properly

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Have you thought about blowing some compressed air in using those cans of air used for cleaning keyboards etc. If you can slip the straw in the crack you might be able to blow the mould dust around. Not removing it just dispersing it for a 'cleaner' look.

Maybe worth a try before any bubble lifting solutions.

x-pack

Grand Master
That's a good idea. You could even get a cotton bud with some mould and mildew remover on the end and give it a wipe. Just try it on something else first. Don't think it would damage the card.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom