Help on a red cape Bib?

brownbear29

Padawan
Hi all.

I'm hoping someone can help identify a red cape Bib Fortuna I have in my loose collection.

I've tried various search terms on here and RS, but not unearthed a great deal. I found something on TIG re fake burgundy capes from ~2004 onwards, but I'm confident that's not the case here. Looking at Wolff's excellent guide, it's too light in colour to be a burgundy LL, as far as I can tell. The cape appears to be exactly the same as a standard grey one stitching and feel wise, just red.

With the exception of a few recently purchased missing pieces (thanks Iain, Bram et al), my loose run all dates back to my childhood, supplemented by a purchase of an old friend's childhood toys back in the early 90's when he needed some cash - most of which I played with as well, so no issues with authenticity.

Any ideas or pointers gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

6796C014-2355-4875-B7E8-B0524D0B8094.jpg

24FFA36F-5DD5-44F0-A6E0-94764E9D6608.jpg

20A30BC4-94F2-4CC3-9C81-5D8A79F29E99.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
To be honest it just looks like a dyed version of the original cape - there are plenty of these knocking about on eBay and have been for years

brownbear29

Padawan
Thanks for all the input chaps. I wasn't really expecting it to be anything special, just thought it was worth an ask, one that's puzzled me for a while.

No DSL, I didn't shell out for it per se. It was just part of the lot I picked up from my friend early 90's - I suppose that's why I thought it may have been worth a second thought, given he'd had it from his childhood. I guess fakes / customs date back even to then!

Hey ho, the search continues...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom