Does anyone know how to spot a 12" Obi Wan Lightsaber?

Palifan

Sith Lord
I'm referring to the yellow Lightsaber that came with the vintage Ben (Obi Wan) Kenobi 12" doll from 78.

Not sure if the TIG site is being worked on at the moment but it would be good to hear from anyone who knows about this. Also any clear pictures of an original one would be great.

Thanks - Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
I'm surprised that there's no one out there with any thoughts on this although the TIG site doesn't even have a picture of an original one and it's doubtful that anyone has a repro one as well as an original.

One thing that would be of help is if anyone out there has a photo of an original one that they could post up on here, at least that help identify the real deal from the fake.

Really appreciate any help with this,

Ian

aussiejames

Sith Lord
I ran out of interest (& money at the time)
pic of repro from it's site:
12inben.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for posting the repro picture. I've seen that photo before and it's a real shame it's not bigger as it's hard to see any real details on it. I have studied a close up of an original and can see that there are a few mould marks which hopefully means you can tell the two apart. I'm also thinking that the yellow blade is brighter on the original but it's hard to say, oh and the silver paint looks to be duller on the original.

Thanks again,

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom