Another short but hopefully informative baggie thread

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Hey guys, thanks to the help of Dennis I finally managed to land a ROTJ-g baggie which enables me to finally prove 100% a theory of mine regarding these & a Euro/Palitoy type baggie.

The Palitoy-q baggie which is almost always mistaken for the Kenner issued ROTJ-g is in fact defiantly not a Kenner issued baggie type, the difference between the 2 baggie types is so subtle that unless you were looking for it you would most likely never notice, the baggie material is the same, the seal types both top & bottom are the same & even the font type say the same & are of the same colour & size.

But & here it is, the kenner issued ROTJ-g has very thin lined font which is well defined straight edge with no "bleed out" of the font like its Palitoy/euro counterpart, really happy to be able to be able to put this one to rest.

Spot the odd one out -

IMGP7254_zps9f65298b.jpg

Above are 2 Palitoy-q's along with the Kenner ROTJ-g

Close ups of the 2 fonts -

IMGP7257_zps006f21ef.jpg

Palitoy-q

IMGP7258_zps72600c13.jpg

ROTJ-g

& a Luke X-wing in both types which should IMO prove conclusive -

IMGP7025.jpg

palitoy-q

IMGP7256_zps89780788.jpg

ROTJ-g

maniac79

Jedi Master
It's amazing how much you know about baggies. One would think that everything is known by now about 30 year old stuff, but you still manage to find out new information and share everything with other collectors. :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great detective work Frank :D

As you say the difference is so subtle, easily missed, great to prove a theory congrats bud and thanks for sharing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom