Ugnaught variant

SOJ

Sith Lord
For the last 20 or so years I've always believed there were at least 2 basic variants of the Ugnaught. One with a blue apon and one with a purple apron.

However recently on both the chive cast and galaxy of toys podcasts, the hosts have written off the variant. They argue the purple aprons were originally blue and have just faded.

I remember the one I had as child being an electric blue. The one I bought in the early 00's is purple.

Im starting collecting some of basic variants to pad out my loose collection but am wondering if I really need 2 of this figure. I did buy another a couple of weeks ago that looked blue in the sellers photos but turned out to be purple. I've sold it on and got my money back but am unsure whether to carry on looking for the blue on.

itfciain

Grand Master
There have been plenty of threads re this in the past and I think that the general consensus is that i is discolouration rather than a variant - however a lot of people do like to have a blue and a purple version. There are plenty of 'electric blue' versions out there so I wouldn't give up on owning one

In fact this seller has quite a nice one :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141232868788&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

SOJ

Sith Lord
Thanks for the clarification. Are all blue aprons destined to turn purple?

The one in the auction look purple to me. :wink:

itfciain

Grand Master
Not sure if they are all destined to go that way as I am not sure anyone knows what causes it

The one pictured is definitely blue - this is a purple one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-FIGURE-Ugnuaght-COMPLETE-/141223039877

Richard_H

Grand Master
Virtually all of the purple capes have been blue in the past. However there is some doubt about the ones released in Australia (I think) as many claim purple capes were released there. That is where the doubt comes from although many still disagree and say those are discolouration and poor memories.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
There is a clear mould difference between "made in Hong Kong" & 'Hong Kong'. Look at the three lines below the circle of his chest emblem. Don't woory about the apron colour- look at the texture.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom