B-Wing repair ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guys I have just received this B-Wing is it easy to repair the rear with parts from another B-Wing ?

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
Hi Mate,

To be honest it would be easier to buy a beater B-Wing and replace the part. However there is a technique that you can use.

I wouldn't use glue, there is a chance you will jam the whole thing up and it wont spin.

Can you remove the broken off part in picture 1 ?

If so, remove it and use a craft wood burning tool (a bit like a soldering iron) and melt the plastic back together. Have done this before on a broken M.A.S.K toy with brilliant results

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Doomseeker said:
Hi Mate,

To be honest it would be easier to buy a beater B-Wing and replace the part. However there is a technique that you can use.

I wouldn't use glue, there is a chance you will jam the whole thing up and it wont spin.

Can you remove the broken off part in picture 1 ?

If so, remove it and use a craft wood burning tool (a bit like a soldering iron) and melt the plastic back together. Have done this before on a broken M.A.S.K toy with brilliant results

Thanks for the great info, I will try to see if I can remove the part that is broken on pic 1.

I thought it must be possible to replace parts, because I saw some parts on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-B-WING-VINTAGE-1984-PART-REAR-COCKPIT-COVER-/350996326307?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51b902e7a3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-B-WING-VINTAGE-1984-PART-LEVELING-COCKPIT-/291077421322?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c590f90a

But I do not know how to replace them and if I should do something special ?

Doomseeker

Jedi Master
I'd contact the seller and see if they can do you a bulk deal for the two lots as those are the bits you need, however you might be better off buying a whole B wing from somewhere closer to home as shipping might be a killer on those items. Remember to ask the seller if there is any damage to them!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Doomseeker said:
I'd contact the seller and see if they can do you a bulk deal for the two lots as those are the bits you need, however you might be better off buying a whole B wing from somewhere closer to home as shipping might be a killer on those items. Remember to ask the seller if there is any damage to them!

Thanks again, but do you know how to remove those parts from the B-Wing ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I still do not know how to remove the part, but Andy (spoons) have offered me a B-Wing that I can take the parts from :D

chazb73

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
I still do not know how to remove the part, but Andy (spoons) have offered me a B-Wing that I can take the parts from :D

A result Lars - I'm sorry our postage mission went a bit sour! :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
chazb73 said:
Pomse2001 said:

A result Lars - I'm sorry our postage mission went a bit sour! :(

No problem andy, my goal was to get the box and seller gave me a part refund for the broken b-wing fighter.

I got the box, now I only need to repair the fighter :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom