DT saber or broken Tip...??

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Contradicting myself here when i said on another post it should be easy to spot a DT saber on a carded figure. Couldn't really make out from the photos online. Took a punt anyway.

Just wondering what people's first impressions are of this. It's on an original, 1980's, recarded figure I have on the way...just looked slightly different to me. Guess I will find out soon enough... :lol: :lol:

IMG_20140105_221416.jpg

IMG_20140105_221502.jpg

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi mate

I was watching that, thought it wouldn't go as its a rough reseal, but the sabre caught my attention

Pm sent :D

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:
Hi mate

I was watching that, thought it wouldn't go as its a rough reseal, but the sabre caught my attention

Did you read the emails on the listing where he mentioned a retractable tip :shock:

Couldn't afford to take a punt though, so I hope you have a peach there mate, lets hope it's DT :wink:

:lol: :lol: They were my emails to the seller....I reckoned it was a bit bargain considering the price of loose Palitoy cardbacks anyways.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
:oops: realised and edited my post and pm d you :lol:

Hope your on a winner mate, like you say for that price you'll do ok anyway

Good spot if it comes off :wink:

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
I reckon so, yes. It's a very poor reseal. Bubble is loosely attached.

I believe there's a world of difference opening this back up as opposed to a Factory sealed card?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think you would also love to know if it is a real DT or just a repro ? or do you know if it is a real or repro ?

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Although I will be a little disappointed, as i asked straight out if the tip of the saber was missing. And was told, no its there, just fully retracted...

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I hope it is real, do you know how to spot those original sabers ? Some years ago I heard about a guy who melt original broken sabers and make new out of them. I am still confused about how we spot those sabers :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom