First moc figure, now how do I look after it?

captainhancock

Padawan
Hi all

I got my first moc figure :lol:

It's a bit dirty, no stickers though and the bubble is yellowed and grubby.

So how do I clean it without damaging the card and plastic? I'm afraid of messing it up.

Also should I stand it up for display? I don't want the card to warp or anything.

If there's a section on this somewhere I'd be greatful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Cheers

itfciain

Grand Master
Best way to keep it safe is in a Star Case - this will keep it protected and also ensure it remains flat

In terms of display - acrylic cases look ace - they come with rails to keep the card flat and there is no issue in standing it up.

If it is grubby then you can also give it a dust and a clean - especially the bubble - although take extra care and I wouldn't advise using any chemicals

Welcome to the wonderful world of MOCs :D

captainhancock

Padawan
itfciain said:
Best way to keep it safe is in a Star Case - this will keep it protected and also ensure it remains flat

In terms of display - acrylic cases look ace - they com with rails to keep the card flat and there is no issue in sting it up.

If it is grubby then you can also give it a dust and a clean - especially the bubble - although take extra care and I wouldn't advise using any chemicals

Welcome to the wonderful world of MOCs :D

Thanks guys, Darksith lord It's Klaatu. I bought him on eBay on an impulse. Palitoy i think. Prob paid over the odds at £30 for something with visible wear but I'm so wary of getting a fake that I thought I get something that definately looked old.

I wanted to get familiar with what the cards and bubbles looked and felt like before getting what I really want which is Jedi Luke.

I just ordered one of those star cases thanks.

I was the chemicals in cleaning products I was worried about, plus water because of the card. Just not sure how to start.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Lots of items there but will need to see pics first :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mumbo

Sith Lord
captainhancock said:
mumbo said:
Lots of items there but will need to see pics first :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will do, be a few days before the digital camera gets back from holiday...

That one was for Michael :)

Congratulations on your first MOC, funnily enough my first MOC purchase was Klaatu round about this time last year. A complete impulse buy as I just wanted to own one, my next purchase.............. a Luke Jedi MOC :D sounds like our paths are going down the same route :)

poncho

Grand Master
congratulations bud 8) now you have one you will want more and more then a you will have a moc focus :lol: ....welcome too moc collecting 8)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
And so it begins........

Congratulations mate. My best possible advice for you now is you will not find a better source of reasonably priced good quality moc's than on this forum.

Also, I think not all the best stuff is on display. Ask around a bit and you may find someone has just what your looking for.

As an aside, everyone wants 12 backs and nice main characters, but how many peoples collections actually started with a Jedi klaatu or a rancor keeper or logray or some other such cheap moc. The seeds of many peoples collection I think.

captainhancock

Padawan
I would rather buy items from other collectors. I don't trust sellers on ebay. I mean who is that seller who says he's from Spain? always seems to be dodgy Del Boy stuff.

How does buying and selling work on here? How are transactions done? using paypal I imagine. I've only ever used it on ebay, how does that work here?

x-pack

Grand Master
Re: cleaning your carded figure, a duster with a bit of Mr Sheen (or any similar polish) works ok. Don't go mad with it. Vigorous rubbing and too much moisture will damage the card.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom