Frosting on a Jawa?

Lars

Padawan
I have what looks like frosting on a 1977 Jawa. No COO. Is this unheardof before? Because I'm struggling to find any information on frosting on this particular figure. I've left it in the Sun for 2 hours now with no noticeable change and it won't wipe off.

Cheers.

.Q.

Jedi Master
I cleaned up a couple of frosty figs last week with a baby wipe, did the trick nicely.

Lars

Padawan
Sorry for the late reply.

I left this Jawa and a small head Han in the sun all day and nothing happened. After a bit of Googling it was suggested to leave frosted figures under a lamp, and it actually did the trick in under an hour! I'll post some pics later.

Unfortunately I don't have a before pic on the Jawa. The "frosting" did look the same as the frosting on the Han, and it cleared up just as well so I'd say there's a good chance that it was frosted.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Lars said:
Sorry for the late reply.

I left this Jawa and a small head Han in the sun all day and nothing happened. After a bit of Googling it was suggested to leave frosted figures under a lamp, and it actually did the trick in under an hour! I'll post some pics later.

Unfortunately I don't have a before pic on the Jawa. The "frosting" did look the same as the frosting on the Han, and it cleared up just as well so I'd say there's a good chance that it was frosted.

Sounds great with a lamp, I have never heard you could use a lamp for this. Do you know if it works on moc ?

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
After leaving a bespin Leia moc in the sun for 2 weeks during the summer I ended up trying the lamp method - sorted the frosting out in about 15 minutes, and she was frosted bad from head to toe

It was just a hobby lamp with a halogen bulb (lots of heat) and this didnt effect the bubble at all I must say - though I imagine it could.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Nick_IoW said:
After leaving a bespin Leia moc in the sun for 2 weeks during the summer I ended up trying the lamp method - sorted the frosting out in about 15 minutes, and she was frosted bad from head to toe

It was just a hobby lamp with a halogen bulb (lots of heat) and this didnt effect the bubble at all I must say - though I imagine it could.

thanks I will try the sun :D

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Nick_IoW said:

Left it in the sun for 2 weeks and it did nothing :p

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Nick_IoW said:
Pomse2001 said:
Nick_IoW said:

Left it in the sun for 2 weeks and it did nothing :p

Damn so it does not Work all the time :?:

wrighty

Sith Lord
Don't think the sun trick works well in the UK, there isn't much sun to start off with. Lamp sounds a more reliable way!! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom