Vader's cloak?

jackabina

Sith Lord
Hi guy's. I purchased a Vader that was sold to me as a 'clipper' version. To my knowledge, the clipper Vader should have a thicker cloak, and larger, squarer feet. The item I was sent has the regular, more pointed feet and a cloak that looks like it was made out of a bin bag. (Really thin)
Is there a Vader out there than has a really thin, shiny cloak, or have been done?

Thanks in advance

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
There's different types that are found in the mailer, the ones with the thick capes are the spanish variants and the others are from Macau so could be one of those.

jackabina

Sith Lord
I've never seen a cape this thin, and I've got a few different Vader's.
I'll try and get some pic's together

jackabina

Sith Lord
Here we go. The pictures are shite, but it's the best I can do. The coo is hong kong, but the word ,hong kong, is in much thinner writing than the rest of the writing.

100_1712_zps62ab4a7f.jpg

100_1711_zps4a902c2b.jpg

100_1710_zps515f169d.jpg

Cheers boys

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
It sound like Ledy to me as that's what the saber is but don't know about the cape, Ledy shares that datestamp with a clipper variant

jackabina

Sith Lord
Jedi_june said:
The dates on the photos are correct so thats a start :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheeky ****er June!! :lol:

I agree with the saber Snag' but it's the cloak that has got me. I other ledy Vader has got a thicker cloak?

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Ye I'm not sure on that, my Ledy cape is very similar in thickness to a bog standard Kenner one so it doesn't sound good, if the shine is the same on both sides I'd say fake but if its duller on one side it could be legit.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi Neil yes the saber looks like Lili Ledy.

What about a picture of the coo on the leg ? or are the coo the same as your other Lili ledy ?

Pictures of both sides of the cape could help us to confirm what it is ?

Chico

Jedi Knight
Hi guys,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I just bought a lot that included two vaders. Both HK coo and with very thin capes, possible about half the thickness of my other vaders - pretty much as you've described above.

One side give the 'zippy' noise the other side doesn't, are we thinking real or fake?

martinday1988

Youngling
i bought a vader off ebay a few days ago that i thought was a early kenner HK,
but going by the style of coo, it seems to be a meccano

this also has a very thin cape almost like a bin bag, i was very surprised. its got quite pointy feet, its feels a very soft matt plastic all over and its taller then my other vaders

according to this site : http://www.pomse2001.dk/Vintage/Star%20Wars/Vintage%20Darth%20Vader/Vintage%20Darth%20Vader.htm

its meccano Variant 19: (© G.M.F.G.I. 1977 Hong Kong) - Coo Variant 12.
does that sound anything like yours?
hopefuly i can attach a photo to this page,

Darth%20Vader%20147.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
martinday1988 said:
i bought a vader off ebay a few days ago that i thought was a early kenner HK,
but going by the style of coo, it seems to be a meccano

this also has a very thin cape almost like a bin bag, i was very surprised. its got quite pointy feet, its feels a very soft matt plastic all over and its taller then my other vaders

according to this site : http://www.pomse2001.dk/Vintage/Star%20Wars/Vintage%20Darth%20Vader/Vintage%20Darth%20Vader.htm

its meccano Variant 19: (© G.M.F.G.I. 1977 Hong Kong) - Coo Variant 12.
does that sound anything like yours?
hopefuly i can attach a photo to this page,

Darth%20Vader%20147.JPG

It is not coo 12 that is meccano, you have not read the guide correct. It is coo 10 and 11 :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
martinday1988 said:
COO 10 and 11 have a raised bar
mine is the next one underneath those, COO 12

Raised bar is meccano, as far as I know. I do not know what coo 12 is, maybe just a Kenner. As you can see I have no company logo over coo 12 yet because I do not know what it is, but I think it is a kenner :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom