Letters on hilt

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Guys just curious but áre there certain letters on hilts that are more rare
For example is mm harder to find than z or LL etc.

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
copyImage.jpg

tundra9

Sith Lord
Here's a thread discussing the letters, no mention of rarity though: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5729-list-of-lettered-lightsabers?highlight=lettered+saber

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Here is another link about letters on sabers

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/guide_page_04.htm

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
What a ****ing idiot this guy is, took from here
http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/dtsabers.htm

"June 8th 2011, I am extremely pleased to announce a total refresh of my best selling Double Telescoping Lightsabers! The 'All new for 2011' DT Sabers have been completely retooled with EVERY identifying feature; even the hilt lettering! These Sabers are perfection, and truly future collectibles in their own right."

walkie

Sith Lord
look at his other ****, the last line kills me a COA!!!

Limited Edition (25) Translucent Yellow Double Telescoping Lightsaber

An important milestone in 3-3/4" SW figure history, translucent yellow was the colour of choice used to prototype the earliest Double Telescoping Lightsaber design. With only a very small handful in known existence, these are an incredibly rare and sought-after collectible fetching four-figure sums.

Now this superb Saber has been recreated by the best. ReValveiT Sabers are THE highest quality ever created as attested by hundreds of satisfied customers the world over. They are the only Sabers worthy of display in your collection; some of which have even been remoulded from original Kenner Saber plastic! It just doesn't get any better.

As a prototype item, this Saber looks great displayed in the arm of any of the original three figures!

*Only twenty-five (25) of these Sabers have, and will ever be produced. Comes complete with a numbered and signed certificate of authenticity*

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
That's ridiculous but as long as collectors keep buying this **** he will continue to make them, wonder wow many of those COA just go in the bin and the sabers end up getting sold as original.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I don't think repro will ever stop, there will always be one who will buy it :cry: and always one who will try to sell repro as original :cry:

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Thanks for the links lads :D just wondering thats all i was checking a two line coo on one of my LFB and noticed the plastic colour on his sabre was the the same on my DT. On closer inspection i found mm on the hilt

That guy is one massive tosser, actually melting down original sabres to try and authenticate a repro dt TITHEAD :twisted:

poncho

Grand Master
Dublinjeff said:
ponchobelt said:
out of interest, do all luke fb sabers have lettered hilts?

Nope.. :D
so ive just picked up a loose saber with no letters it floats btw. so would you say it was a later release i.e rotj cards. i asume lettered hilts were earlier wave releases

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
My understanding is originally letters were on the moulds for quality control when producing original DT sabers because of the intrinsic quality issues they had with DT s, which is one of the reasons they switched production to single telescoping versions, easier to produce less waste lower cost etc. retooled moulds for single telescoping presumably had the letters still on them, as they wore out and new moulds were made letters were not used.

As I say I'm a novice, and I'm sure the experts will chip in here mate :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom