**COO VARIANTS** by Plantainman

plantainman

Jedi Master
Welcome to COO VARIANTS by Plantainman, A helpful thread intended for those who are looking to expand their loose collection from merely owning just one or two examples of each figure to, well, LOTS! :D Take a look around...

Note : Because this is an ever changing thread, where the COO guide photo's will change as updates happen, Can I please ask that you don't refer to a specific variant as say "COO4 in your guide" when discussing figures. If you want to discuss further a COO, please make sure there is an image of the COO you are discussing in your post, Or failing that, A clear description of which COO you are referencing (I don't mind if you edit/crop a COO from the current guide to attach with your post in this thread ONLY). This will make the thread more legible over time, Thanks.

COO = "Country Of Origin", Which is the stamp that the manufacturers put on their figures to highlight the place of manufacture

Links :

WALRUS MAN GUIDE | RED SNAGGLETOOTH GUIDE | HAMMERHEAD GUIDE | GREEDO GUIDE |

LUKE BESPIN GUIDE | HAN SOLO BESPIN GUIDE | OBI WAN KENOBI GUIDE | DARTH VADER GUIDE |

BOBA FETT GUIDE | DENGAR GUIDE | IG-88 GUIDE | 4-LOM GUIDE | STORMTROOPER GUIDE |

LUKE X-WING GUIDE | IMPERIAL COMMANDER GUIDE | AT-AT COMMANDER GUIDE | AT-AT DRIVER GUIDE |

LUKE HOTH GUIDE | REBEL SOLDIER GUIDE | LEIA HOTH GUIDE | HAN SOLO HOTH GUIDE |

ADMIRAL ACKBAR GUIDE | NIEN NUNB GUIDE | BIKER SCOUT GUIDE | REBEL COMMANDO GUIDE |

discussion welcomed!

Last edited:

plantainman

Jedi Master
>
Ok, So first up is the COO guide for reference against the following photo's. The box in the bottom left shows the 4 different heads available, and the white numbers relate to the COO's with which they appear on...

Walrusman COO guide :
COO guide [w].jpg

These first 3 sets of pics are the 3 different HK COO's, in order. All HK COO's have light blue limbs and matt black boots, and they can be found with both narrow and wide stances...

HK COO 1
coo1 HK w+p [w].jpg

HK COO 2
coo2 HK w+p [w].jpg

HK COO 3
coo3 HK w+p [w].jpg

Next up are the NO COO scars, and there needs to be a little sidenote here. There has been sold a variant of the following COO as MID GREEN / WHITE TUSK, however, the seller I saw sell said figure is far from reputable in my eyes, and it is an easy figure to "create" involving a simple headswap from the pink tusk variant and replacing with a white tusk head. Seeing one MOC would help, but I'm not holding my breath :D
The DARK GREEN & LIGHT GREEN skin tone variants have darker blue limbs together with glossy black boots. The MID GREEN is the same as the HK COO's, in that it has lighter blue limbs and matt boots.

COO 4 - "NO COO SCAR"
coo4 d+m+l [w].jpg

Next up, the three "1" COO's, and again, The DARK GREEN & LIGHT GREEN skin tone variants have darker blue limbs together with glossy black boots. The MID GREEN is the same as the HK COO's, in that it has lighter blue limbs and matt boots. ...

COO 5 - ":1"
coo5 d+m+l [w].jpg

And finally, The two figures marked with just two small dots, both having darker blue limbs and glossy black boots. The LIGHT GREEN variant of this COO has the wider stance...

COO 6 - ":"
coo6 d+l [w].jpg

Group shot of all 14 (Until I can be bothered to take a better one)...
SAM_1850.JPG

Back row left - pink tusk HK COO's
Back row right - white tusk HK COO's
Middle row left - NO COO SCARS
Middle row right - ":1"
Front row - ":"

Updated photo of NO COO variants;
SAM_5942.JPG

Left to right, NO COO scar dark green, NO COO scar mid green, NO COO scar light green, ":1" COO dark green, ":1" COO mid green, ":1" COO light green, ":" COO dark green & ":" COO light green

I have purposely not used terms like PBP, TRUE PBP, MECCANO, PBP/MECCANO, PAL, PBP/PAL, EURO, TRI, etc, As its pretty confusing, and opinion seems divided on the origin of a lot of these pieces anyway.
What I do know is that if you like COO's, you should like the above :D

If have anything to add, e.g. If I've missed a production variant or whatever, or you simply want to discuss these variants, then speak now or forever hold your peace :p

No stress.

Plantainman

-------------

Links :

LUKE BESPIN GUIDE | HAN SOLO BESPIN GUIDE | OBI WAN KENOBI GUIDE | DARTH VADER GUIDE |

BOBA FETT GUIDE | DENGAR GUIDE | IG-88 GUIDE | 4-LOM GUIDE | STORMTROOPER GUIDE |

LUKE X-WING GUIDE | IMPERIAL COMMANDER GUIDE | AT-AT COMMANDER GUIDE | AT-AT DRIVER GUIDE |

ADMIRAL ACKBAR GUIDE | NIEN NUNB GUIDE | BIKER SCOUT GUIDE | REBEL COMMANDO GUIDE |

discussion welcomed!

Last edited:

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
:shock: This is awesome, we need more reference guides on here (I know IG has em but we need to have our own :D ). Would you be doing anymore references on other figs?

I second that @Maulster79 Chubbs has to see this! In the wise words of Todd (TFB) JR would get major "Wood" off of this :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Plantainman: Thank you for posting this, it must have been crazy :D

plantainman

Jedi Master
Maulster79 said:
Amazing- Chubbs needs to see this! :p
Jedi_june said:
I second that @Maulster79 Chubbs has to see this! In the wise words of Todd (TFB) JR would get major "Wood" off of this :lol: :lol: :lol:

I posted in his happy bday thread with the link :p

Jedi_june said:
:shock: This is awesome, we need more reference guides on here (I know IG has em but we need to have our own :D ). Would you be doing anymore references on other figs?

Yeah, will be doing some more as and when, which variants of which figure will they be, we'll just have to wait and see :D

TIG is fantastic for reference threads, and I hope it stays that way too, as there's some very clued up people doing some great work in different collecting fields. But you're right, its also good to have people doing research on different forums, and I see no reason why the reference guides on SWFUK should be inferior. If the section is there, lets use it :D

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I seen it boys, just woke up from passing out when I saw it yesterday... :D

I was saving any comments until I checked out all my variants. I thought there was a couple more but I can't comment until I have got my Wallies out the box.

Stella effort though Plantainman, I need the light green heads to be in your league but I don't come across them very often.

Hopefully I will actually be able to add something mature to this thread.

Oh ****, the wood is coming back and I am feeling faint again...

plantainman

Jedi Master
JuniorChubb said:
I was saving any comments until I checked out all my variants. I thought there was a couple more but I can't comment until I have got my Wallies out the box.

Looking forward to finding out what the magic box reveals :D

JuniorChubb said:
Stella effort though Plantainman, I need the light green heads to be in your league but I don't come across them very often.

Thanks & Good luck with that quest :mrgreen:

plantainman

Jedi Master
>
As ever, First up is the EVER EVOLVING Red Snaggletooth COO guide for reference. I say 'ever evolving', because as of 10/03/14 there is at least one more COO to be added to the below guide...

• There are 10 different COO variants, stemming from 4 HK family moulds, these are the first four COO's in the guide.
There are 3 different possible scars in all, two full scars and one partial scar. The two full scars appear on both the cerise red and the dark crimson red bodied snags.
• Many of these figures can be found with painted/unpainted sleeve cuffs, which adds to the variants.

snag_coo_guide_9_1.jpg

SAM_4539.JPG

Left > Right
Crimson PBP/EURO "/ scar", Cerise PBP/EURO "/ scar", Crimson PBP/EURO "V scar", Cerise PBP/EURO "V scar", Half scar, HK2, HK3, HK4...

Crimson & Cerise PBP/EURO Full scars...
SAM_4540.JPG
SAM_4541.JPG

The Crimson variants are paired with the lighter blue smuggler blasters because this is how they were circulated in baggies.

PBP/EURO Crimson vs Cerise differences...
- Crimson is deep red body
- Crimson has a blue-grey paint application
- Crimson has very dark red lip application
- Crimson has a more glossy black application

-------------

Links :

discussion welcomed!

Last edited:

plantainman

Jedi Master
snaggletooth said:
Great post again mate, how come only the COO 7 snag gets the PBP label?

Thanks Scott.

COO7 gets the PBP label because it is the only figure I understand to be PBP exclusive.

What do you know about the origins of all the other scarred snags? I believe some to be euro variants, but I couldn't say if they were exclusively spanish origin. Ideally we need a guide describing the loose PBP, Meccano, Trilogo and Palitoy variations. Any volunteers? :D

plantainman

Jedi Master
snaggletooth said:
Great post again mate, how come only the COO 7 snag gets the PBP label?

I've removed the PBP label on COO7 from the COO guide Scott pending further information on the origin of these EURO variants. I may even follow suit of my Walrus man guide and leave the names of the figures out of the way. The snaggletooth guide is still 'work in progress'. Peace

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Personally I don't think any of the scared cantina aliens are PBP exclusives mate but I do believe they where all made at the PBP factory. I have a made in Spain Snag so I'll check which colour figure is in it tomorrow when I get home.

I also have two greedo's in the same type of baggie, they are both a different colour plastics and paint and also have slight different scars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom