Darth Vader No COO or date??

chazb73

Sith Lord
I'm a bit confused with the Vader figure that has arrived.

The saber looks real but sinks, his cape looks the real deal also.
But its the figure itself has no COO or date??? :?

What do you reckon? Fake? or is it the 1994 re-issue perhaps.

Attachments

• dv1.jpg
    dv1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 867
  • dv2.jpg
    dv2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 866

mumbo

Sith Lord
Doesn't sound right to me, all the variant Vaders on highasakoit have at least a date stamp.

Was it sold as vintage?

mumbo

Sith Lord
Perhaps it's an ultra rare variant :wink: someone with the knowledge will have a better idea I'm sure :)

Joe

Grand Master
It's definitely not a reissue, the classic edition figures have a 1995 date stamp.

Not 100% sure I have ever seen a known variant of Vader with absolutely no markings tbh, the no COO version usually still has the date/copyright info so this is an interesting one.

Where did you get it from? (Which country?)

chazb73

Sith Lord
Thanks for your input joe -

It came from the UK - it seems very much like the other vaders I have, in terms of paint, type of plastic etc.
There's nothing refering to date COO anywhere on the figure? :?

I can put more pics up if needed

chazb73

Sith Lord
chazb73 said:
Thanks for your input joe -

It came from the UK - it seems very much like the other vaders I have, in terms of paint, type of plastic etc.
There's nothing refering to date COO anywhere on the figure? :?

I can put more pics up if needed

Got an email back from the seller - He states that they were bought for him or by him in th elate 70s/early 80s and have been in storage over the years. :?

Joe

Grand Master
Usually all production figures will have some kind of markings, sometimes the plastic that is injected into the mould doesn't fill the cavity properly and can fail to pick up some of the minor details like the COO (even so you should be able to see some remnants of the markings) but yours looks like it was made using a mould that had no COO/copyright info present, every detail on the legs looks just fine to me.

I highly doubt this is a pre production figure but it is worth noting that the reason first shot figures usually have no dates (although there are exceptions) is because they are the first figures run through the fresh moulds - the copyright/COO is then added once the figures that come out are approved for production.

Could you send me some high resolution pictures to my email? It's in my signature - I can speak to Wolff to ask about this figure and also to Bill who knows a thing or two about Vaders ;)

chazb73

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Usually all production figures will have some kind of markings, sometimes the plastic that is injected into the mould doesn't fill the cavity properly and can fail to pick up some of the minor details like the COO (even so you should be able to see some remnants of the markings) but yours looks like it was made using a mould that had no COO/copyright info present, every detail on the legs looks just fine to me.

I highly doubt this is a pre production figure but it is worth noting that the reason first shot figures usually have no dates (although there are exceptions) is because they are the first figures run through the fresh moulds - the copyright/COO is then added once the figures that come out are approved for production.

Could you send me some high resolution pictures to my email? It's in my signature - I can speak to Wolff to ask about this figure and also to Bill who knows a thing or two about Vaders ;)

Will do Joe :wink: Got a good SLR camera - He does have his original cape and saber also, will get you some good res pics over to you today :)

Joe

Grand Master
Got your pictures mate :) Bill is going to have a look for you and see what he thinks, he said there are some production variants without information on the legs but he needed to see a front pic to determine what variant it was. He has them now so we should know more soon!

chazb73

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Got your pictures mate :) Bill is going to have a look for you and see what he thinks, he said there are some production variants without information on the legs but he needed to see a front pic to determine what variant it was. He has them now so we should know more soon!

Nice one Joe thanks - I will get a high res front pic to you :wink:

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
chazb73 said:
flycasual said:
Early Hong Kong production figure? :?

Could be - I thought it was some sort of repro at first as well :lol:
Has anyone seen another before?

I've seen a couple but not Vader and Joe's spot on with what he's said. Who is selling him?

Lars, didn't we talk about a Fett without the HK or wasn't that yours?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
snaggletooth said:
chazb73 said:
flycasual said:
Early Hong Kong production figure? :?

Could be - I thought it was some sort of repro at first as well :lol:
Has anyone seen another before?

I've seen a couple but not Vader and Joe's spot on with what he's said. Who is selling him?

Lars, didn't we talk about a Fett without the HK or wasn't that yours?

Hi Scott, no my Fett is missing the © C.P.G. 1979, I think that is pretty cool :D But Andy's Vader looks also really cool, if it is real and not repro or custom. But for the price andy paid I would think no one have tried to trick him and it is real.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
snaggletooth said:
I thought you had something like this, will be interesting to see what Bill thinks on Andy's

Yes it would be interesting, I believe there is things out there that not many of us know about :D Maybe Andy found one of them :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom