The How To thread

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Stargeezer said:
Stormtrooper37 said:
Great advice and really clear pictures.

Unfortunately I have a MOC where the footer is trapped between the outer leg and vinyl cape of the figure, it is also an AFA piece so there is no way I can get at it :x

I also can post a picture Guide of how to get a moc out of An acrylic case if you like. Then your able to fix the footer. :lol:

@x-pack: sorry for the confusion, but i am Dutch, so my english may not be the best.

Yes please could you post some pic's when you have time that would be fantastic, because I'm clueless :?

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Stormtrooper37 said:
Stargeezer said:
Stormtrooper37 said:
Great advice and really clear pictures.

Unfortunately I have a MOC where the footer is trapped between the outer leg and vinyl cape of the figure, it is also an AFA piece so there is no way I can get at it :x

I also can post a picture Guide of how to get a moc out of An acrylic case if you like. Then your able to fix the footer. :lol:

@x-pack: sorry for the confusion, but i am Dutch, so my english may not be the best.

Yes please could you post some pic's when you have time that would be fantastic, because I'm clueless :?

You know i meant an AFA case right? And you are aware that you have to crack the case/destroy it to get your moc out?

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Yes I knew you meant an AFA case. I don't want to crack open this AFA MOC though - it's a rare Harbert and has one of those protector things round the bubble as it is, shame but I'm not willing to destroy the case on such a rare MOC. Guess it will just have to stay with the footer at the side.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Great thread Dennis!

Jez said:
Your English is far far better than almost everyone from this forums Dutch.

Ehhh Jez, his English is far better than almost everyone from this forums ENGLISH never mind their Dutch!

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Stormtrooper37 said:
Yes I knew you meant an AFA case. I don't want to crack open this AFA MOC though - it's a rare Harbert and has one of those protector things round the bubble as it is, shame but I'm not willing to destroy the case on such a rare MOC. Guess it will just have to stay with the footer at the side.

It seems i don't hav emy own pictures for this anymore, and since i only have one more AFA MOC wich i also don't want to crack open, i am affraid i will have to direct you to here, here you'll find the info you need.

http://www.toyfixer.com/how-do-i-remove-a-figure-from-an-afa-case

weasel said:
Great thread Dennis!

Jez said:
Your English is far far better than almost everyone from this forums Dutch.

Ehhh Jez, his English is far better than almost everyone from this forums ENGLISH never mind their Dutch!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys, i do my best, but i may make some mistakes here and there.

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Stargeezer said:
If anyone has a tip how to turn a figures head inside the bubble that would be great. Don't know if it Will be possible though.
I have a 12back Luke wich is looking to te left and i would like it to look forward without Damaging the Card or bubble, is there a tip or trick to do this?

Now quoted myself, as maybe someone gave it some thought and has an idea to solve this problem?

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
So I had this Yoda come through - footer was displaced as you can see:

P1000799.jpg

Did the old 'slide a piece of card up his wotsit' trick and he's now looking much happier:

yoda.jpg

Much better - thanks for the tip :)

Nick

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Ok, So here is a new photo thread. First i have to thank Oscar (M4K3R1) for helping me out getting some more toploaders to make this photo guide.

This i created because responses i got on the double box technique i posted in my initial post. People told me that the starcase had no protection if the box got crushed and as the starcase was beeing filled with foam peanuts, the bubble probably would still take the damage. Now not so long ago, i sold a Sand people 12 back and i know these are prone to bubble damage as the figures hos pointy knobs on his head. So i needed a technique wich would support the bubble, prevent the figure from breaking through and would be strong to survive a crushed box... well lets be honest, if the box gets crushed to badly, no technique would save the moc (unless it's packed in a wooden box :p :lol: )

Most of you know the "Toploader method" for securing bubbles that are coming loose, or display a loose cardback and bubble togheter to make it look like a moc without resealing it.

So we start of with this idea aswell.

Hold a toploader on top of your moc, like how it would fir the toploader and draw a line around the bubble (large enough to fit the bubble in).

null_zpsb2f0f53d.jpg

null_zps051afda4.jpg

cut out the bubble area on the top layer of the toploader and insert your moc. Make sure it has a smooth fit and trim the area where needed.

null_zps7d9b85fa.jpg

Now we are gonna need to protect the bubble. In order to do this, cut a piece of bubble wrap large enough to cover the bubble all around. cut 2 slits in the bubble wrap, so you can wrap it around the bubble, see also picture 2.

null_zps0707cce7.jpg

null_zps16c2d781.jpg

Make sure the bubble is tightly wrapped in bubble wrap and strengthen your construction by applying some tape over the bubble wrap (especially over the top portion of the bubble area where the figure can break through). Then also tape your bubble wrap construction down to the toploader. (if your doing it right, no tape would have the possibility to get in touch with either card or bubble). Now the bubble should have enough protection to stry in place on the card and prevent the figure from breaking through.

null_zps1bcbd0a5.jpg

Wrap the Moc in in bubble wrap and then its ready to ship. You have the option to ship it like this in an oversized box with some packing materials, or you can double box it, buy using a small box.

Edit: My new preference is to ship the MOC (after its wrapped in bubble wrap) in a Sliding bottom acrylic case (if the buyer agrees to buy a case with it), then it really has maximal support.

null_zps5360e882.jpg

null_zpsd2c6fd8b.jpg

First time i tried this technique with the Tusken raider, i had a box, wich was larger than a Moc, but just to small to fit a Starcase.

So i used this technique (not double boxed) and this is how the box looked like when it arrived at the sellers house.... Luckily the moc survived with no damage whatsoever.. however, since this incident, i am using a double box with this technique, where i use a really small box (seen in the last previous picture) to pack the moc and then place this in a larger box with packing material.

null_zpse1022325.jpg

null_zps3b4c2940.jpg

I hope you enjoyed and i hope i gave you some new tips and tricks on shipping Moc's.

cheers, Dennis.

timbo72

Sith Lord
Wow, only just seen this thread. Great, nice and easy to follow (even for me). This has helped me no end. Thanks buddy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom